ᵒⁿᵉ. ᵍʳᵉᵉⁿⁱᵉ ᵈᵃʸ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵏⁱˢˢ ᵐʸ ᵃˢˢ

chapter one,( greenie day can kiss my ass

chapter one,
( greenie day can kiss my ass. )

There was nothing Eliza hated more than greenie day. She didn't hate the greenie, why would she? It was always just some innocent boy who had no idea who he was, or where he was, or how he got there. But that was the problem; it was always just some innocent boy. Never a girl. Eliza was the only girl that had been sent up in the entire three years, and she wasn't the only one that was confused.

She thought that maybe her getting sent up was a mistake, maybe W.C.K.D didn't mean to do it. But then again, she didn't know much about W.C.K.D, except that they sent everyone into a maze, practically sending them to their own death, so she just openly assumed they weren't that nice.

But right now, Eliza wasn't worrying about any of that. She was worried about the maze, about finding a way out. But she didn't know if there even was a way out. Eliza had been a runner for just under a year, ever since she arrived, she had wanted to get out. But she knew one thing; if there was a way out, they would have found it by now. She had said it, Minho had denied it. Only Eliza, Minho, Newt and Alby knew that they thought this, and they had decided to keep a lid on it, to keep the Glade at peace.

Eliza glanced down at the watch on her wrist, and it read 5:12pm, and the doors shut at 6:00pm. She sighed, turning on her heel and running back towards the Glade. She didn't bother mapping anything on the way back, because it was all stuff she had seen hundreds of times before. Eventually, she re-entered the Glade.

"Hey, Eliza!" A familiar voice said. She knew that voice. Chuck. She turned towards said boy, who was standing next to a boy she had never seen before - the greenie. Chuck was short and stubby, with curly brown hair dangling in front of his eyes. Chuck had been the greenie last month, which means he gets to show around the new greenie. Eliza smiled at him, waving in the process.

"Hey, Chuck. Hey, greenie." She smiled at both of the boys. The greenie was tall, with dark brown hair and brown eyes, with moles dotting his face, and he seemed to be the same age as Minho and Newt and the other boys, so older than Eliza. She looked away from both the boys, jogging towards the deadheads to get to the map room. She slowed down into a walk as she walked through the shadows of the trees, until she eventually reached the small hut.

Eliza swung open the door, and there was nobody else inside, but all the other runners running packs were in their usual spots, meaning they were all already back. Eliza sighed, finally being able to sit down. She practically fell to the floor, taking out her ponytail and running her fingers through her hair, which didn't really do much to help the knots, but it would do. She took off her running pack, cracking her knuckles, which was a little habit she had grown accustomed to.

Eliza flopped onto her back, closing her eyes in exhaustion. Just as everything went quiet, the door to the map room swung open, and the young girl groaned loudly, sitting up slowly. The person standing at the door was Minho, and she glared at him harshly.