He was left with no choice but to form his hand seals. Naruto could barely read them.

Tiger- Snake- Rat- Snake- Tiger.

Kakashi spat out a river to quench the flames. A large smoke-screen was created around them.

Naruto could hear the sonic booms caused by Sensei's movement. He's moving around us circularly. He heard Kakashi zip towards him, and narrowly dodged a punch. He blocked another and held him in place.

Sasuke fired an arrow and rushed through the seals.

Ox- Dog- Dragon- Rat- Dog- Boar- Snake- Tiger.

The arrow became over a hundred.

Kakashi broke free of Naruto's grip and leapt back, as did Naruto.

Kakashi ran through hand seals.

Ox- Hare- Monkey- Rat.

A hound of electricity coiled out from his palm and rushed them. Naruto gritted his teeth and rushed the seals.

Horse- Ram- Hare- Dog- Boar- Bird.

Wind Style: Vacuum Bullets!

He inhaled, then exhaled thousands of wind bullets. The hound collapsed and fizzled out.

Naruto formed a hand seal.

Clone.

Shadow Clone Jutsu!

A puff of chakra smoke wrapped around his clone. It ran through hand seals, parallel to Naruto.

Rat- Tiger- Boar- Dragon- Snake.

Earth Style: Earthen Spear Thrust!

Sharp, conical spears stabbed through the earth.

Kakashi twisted himself onto the spikes, chakra sticking him onto them.

Naruto leapt across the spikes and approached him.

Kakashi's inexperience in fighting under these conditions became rapidly apparent to Naruto when he stumbled on the spikes.

Sayuri blew out a torrent of flame. Sensei was engulfed, but Naruto heard the poof over the roar of fire.

Sayuri side-stepped a blow. Sasuke leapt in and kicked Kakashi away. He skidded across the soil and flipped back to his feet. "Alright, that was pretty good. You should be ready for any combative sections of the exams." He brushed some dust off his flak jacket. "Now all we need to do is get the travel permit from the Hokage and set out for Kumo."

They all stowed away their weapons and flickered away.

"So you're ready to depart then, Team Kakashi?" Hiruzen faced the windows.

They nodded. "Very well then," he continued. He swivelled around. He took a scroll and handed it to Kakashi. "That's your ticket to Kumo. Give this to the ninja at the border and they'll let you in. Don't lose it."

"Goodbye then, Old Man," Naruto said. They all flickered to the gates. Naruto thumbed a scroll absently.

"Are you ready then, all of you? Once we leave the gates, we're not coming back until the exams are over." They all nodded. "Now remember our little agreement. If you all become chunin, then I'll show you all my face." He tugged a little on the face-obstructing fabric. "Now go give them hell, will you?"

They all grinned. "Yes, sensei," they chorused.

Naruto slammed his fist into his palm. "We'll crush this exam, sensei."