Chapter twenty two

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ADDISON ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

We weren't joking about being the best team.

We spent the evening playing volleyball, and to be honest, we won every match. The only team that made me a little nervous was Shayla's team. She played alongside Steven, and they both played incredibly well. But Conrad is just amazing when he's playing.

The match against Shayla and Steven was tough, but in the end, we managed to win it.

On my way to Conrad's car, I met Jere. "Hey Jere," I greeted him, and he turned to look at me. His eyes widened when he saw Conrad's arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, did I miss something?" Jere asked.

"Yeah, we haven't talked much these past few days," I explained.

"And today, everyone realized that you are the worst volleyball partner. For God's sake, you suck at playing," Conrad added.

"Shut the fuck up," I snapped.

"What?" Conrad asked, raising his arms. "I was just telling the truth."

"Okay, so," I interrupted. "How have you been, Jere? We haven't talked in a long time, and I miss you."

"I could say the same thing. What the hell is going on? I mean, the last time I saw you guys, you were acting weird and all that shit. But what? You're dating now?"

"Mmm... well, yeah, we are," I confirmed.

"What? I knew it, but I was expecting you to deny it or something."

"We just talked things out, and we're good now," I said.

"How the hell did that happen? Last time I checked, she said she didn't want to be with you, that she was sick of waiting... and now this? How did you do it?" Jere asked.

I could feel how tense Conrad was while Jere was talking. I knew he felt like shit for almost losing me, but that was in the past. Now we're together, and I'm happy with him.

"We just talked and cleared things up. I told her everything I wanted to say," Conrad explained.

"Thank God. I was sick of hearing Adds crying about you," Jere said.

"Shut the fuck up, Jere," I said, annoyed.

"Oh, Adds, and one last question," Jere asked.

"Yeah?" I asked, wondering what he was going to ask.

"What happened with you and Nick?"

"There wasn't a thing between us," I clarified.

"Oh, sorry. I thought that maybe, you know..."

"We're just friends," I said, cutting him off.

"You guys are still friends?" Jere asked, surprised.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?"

"I don't know, maybe, because he likes you. And don't get me wrong, but if I were Conrad and my girlfriend was friends with someone who likes her, I would be pissed," Jere said.

"Jere, honey, you aren't helping. Just shut up. There is nothing going on between me and Nick, and Conrad knows that, okay? And yeah, we talked things out, and Nick needs time, but we're still friends," I explained.

"Okay, sorry for bringing that topic up," Jere apologized.

"It's okay. Now I'm tired as shit," I said, turning to wrap my arms around Conrad's neck. "Can we go now?"

"Sure," Conrad said, taking my hand, and we continued our way to his car. During the ride, his hand was on my leg the entire time.

I have mixed feelings, I won't lie. I'm so happy, extremely happy that Conrad and I could talk and that he could finally trust me, but it's hard seeing Susannah.

Trying to distract myself, as we headed to the house, I asked Conrad, "What are we going to do?"

"Wanna watch a movie?" he replied.

"Love that idea."

Without any further discussion, we went to his room and started playing a movie. I wasn't even paying attention to it, all I could think about was Conrad's arms around me. He sat behind me, hugging me, and I was playing with his fingers. Now, I prefer playing with his fingers more than mine.

In the middle of the movie, I heard Steven's voice calling for Conrad. "Bro, there's this party we got invited to," he said, entering the room without even knocking. "What the fuck?" he asked, seeing us like that. "Are you guys dating or what?"

"Yeah, actually we are," I replied.

"What? Adds, get out of the room, please."

"Why?"

"I need to talk to Conrad."

"Whatever you're about to say to him, I can hear," I retorted.

"Please get out of the room, Adds."

"No."

"Fine. Conrad, you are my best friend and all that shit, but you can't be with my sister."

Conrad stopped hugging me and stood up from the bed to face Steven. "Why is that?" he asked.

"You aren't good for her, goddammit. Do you know how many fucking times she has cried over you? You know how many fucking times, Conrad?!"

"I know, and I'm sorry."

"Don't come to me with that bullshit. You don't need to apologize to me. I don't want to get between you guys. I only want you to realize, Adds, that he isn't good for you. Sorry, man, but you are screwed, you are fucked up, and Adds needs stability in her life."

"I know, I fucking know that, Steven. Every fucking time you saw her cry, it was because I told her the same shit. I'm not good for her, and I know it. She deserves better. But I'm trying, I'm trying so hard to be what she needs and deserves because I love her. I'm so fucking in love with your sister that I'm trying to change, trying to be a good boyfriend. I'm sorry for making her cry and for being a dick before. But I need her and I want her."

After hearing those words, I knew I was right to give him another chance, for waiting for him. Completely ignoring the fact that Steven was there, I jumped off the bed and kissed Conrad.

"I love you so much, Con. I've never felt this way for anyone else. I'm so glad I waited for you."

"Don't do that in front of me Addi" Steven says closing his eyes "And Conrad, I don't know bro, I am happy if Addi is happy, and it looks like you made her happy. I will just ask you something"

"Anything" Conrad says standing next to me and passing his arm around my middle. 

"Just don't break her heart, I don't want to kill you"

"If anyone in this relationship is going to break the other's heart, it would be her. I could never do that," Conrad replies.

"Gross, if you want to be cheesy with her, do it. But not when I'm right here. Anyway, are you going to the party or not?" Steven asked trying to change the topic

"I don't..." Conrad started talking, but I interrupted.

"He is going."

"Am I?"

"Yep, I'm going to hang out with Nicole and the debutantes. Then you can pick me up."

"Okay. So I guess I'm going."

"We are leaving in an hour."

Without waiting for an answer, Steven left the room, leaving Con and me alone.