Chapter eleven

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ADDISON ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that Belly wasn't in the room. I got off the bed and looked for her in the house, but I couldn't find her. In the kitchen, my mom, Susannah, and Jere were already there.

"Hello, sleeping beauty," Jere said.

"Hey, do you know where Belly is?" I asked him.

"She went to talk to Cam before rehearsal."

"Shit."

"What?"

"I'm not ready, and I have rehearsal."

"Go and get changed, I'll wait for you and drive you."

"Thanks, I'll be right back."

I ran upstairs to take a quick shower and put on a short green dress. I put on mascara and brushed my hair to look less sleepy. When I got back to the kitchen, my mom handed me an apple.

"You'll need to eat something."

"Thanks, Mom." I hugged her quickly and walked to where Jere was waiting for me.

"Let's go," he said.

"Do I look good?"

"You look beautiful, Adds."

"Jere, you know there are more compliments than 'beautiful.'"

"I know, but it's just my favorite." I rolled my eyes and started walking to the front door.

"Hey, Adds," I turned to look at Conrad.

"Hey."

"I know you don't want to talk about us."

"There is no 'us'."

"Yeah, I know. I mean... you have an escort?"

"No."

"I thought you asked Nicholas."

"Well, you thought wrong. I still don't know who I'm gonna take."

"Oh, okay. Good luck today."

"Thanks," and I turned to leave the house. Jere was already waiting for me in the car.

"So... what's going on between you and Conrad?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Be honest."

"I'm being honest."

"He gave you that necklace?"

"What?" I forgot I was still wearing it. I unconsciously raised my hand to touch it. "Yeah, he gave it to me yesterday."

"I know what he did and everything he has done to hurt you, but do you think using Nick is the right choice?"

"I'm not using Nick. He's just a friend."

"Are you sure he knows that?"

"Pretty much. I mean, I have cried in front of him because of Conrad. He knows I like someone else."

"Just don't play with his feelings. He seems like a nice guy."

"Yeah, he is, and everything would be easier if my stupid heart wasn't in love with your stupid brother."

"So, you are in love with him?"

"Um... yeah. I don't know, Jere. Everything is just so confusing. Sometimes he's nice to me, and then he acts like a complete jerk. I can't stop thinking about him. Even when it's the only thing I don't want to do, I can't."