Chapter twenty

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ADDISON ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"... I'm also in love with you"

Once those last words came out of his mouth, I knew that choosing him was the right choice. He isn't the safe one; maybe Nick is, but he isn't Conrad. Nick is kind and nice to me, but it doesn't feel right when I'm with him.

I close the distance between us and press our lips together. He responds immediately.

I would never have believed this day would end up like this, dating Conrad and knowing the truth. The nightmare.

Susannah.

I have no idea what Conrad has been going through this past month, knowing that Susannah might... I can't even think about it.

She is like a mother to me, and if she is gone, I don't know what will happen to me, to us, to the summer. A thing that used to be the best thing of the year, my favorite season, will be full of memories and sadness.

My eyes once again fill with tears, threatening to come out. I don't want to cry; I want to be a support to Conrad now that I know, but it's hard, hard as fuck.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asks me.

"Nothing, don't worry about me." He keeps staring at me, and I know he isn't going to let this go. "It's about Susannah; I was thinking."

"Will you think with me?"

"I was thinking about the past, about our summers here. Everything we've done and how things could change."

"Let's hope they don't change."

"Yeah... let's talk about something else. I don't want to be sad, please."

"What do you want to talk about?"

Being honest, I didn't even want to talk. I wanted to be with him in silence, just thinking. I lean forward and press our lips together. He responds, moving his lips against mine slowly. He adjusts his body so my back is pressed against the bed and his chest is against mine. He puts all his weight on his arm so I can still breathe.

His mouth moves from my mouth to my neck, and I let my head fall backward to give him free way to kiss me. I close my eyes and let the pleasure come to my body. He starts going down until he approaches my shirt; I stop him.

"We can't," I whisper. "Not now, at least." He looks up at me again and nods. But that doesn't stop him from giving me another kiss before standing from the bed. I couldn't help myself, and I look down there where his friend was awake. Really awake. "Con?"

"Yeah?"

"You need help with that?" I ask. I am shy not gonna lie. But I want to do that. This isn't the first time I'm with a guy but it's the first where I am with someone I am in love with. Once those words came out of my mind, he lowers his look to the floor.

"Don't worry about it"

"But I want-" he didn't let me finish he almost jumps to the bed and starts kissing me. Some seconds ago I was thinking that this wasn't a good time to do this but now this is the last thing in my mind. Right now all I care is about him and wanting to be with him.

(Maybe in a future it will be more explicit, sorry if you where expecting something more)

Now both of us were looking at the ceiling, breathing hard. The blanket covered our naked bodies. I was almost asleep, my eyes closing, and Conrad lay on the bed with his chest pressed to my back.

"Thanks," he whispered out of nowhere.

"Why?" I whispered back.

"For waiting for me, I just needed time."

"Even when I told you I wouldn't wait for you, it has always been you. I don't want to be with anybody else."

"Why me?" He sounded broken. I turned, so now we were facing each other.

"Because I'm in love with you, Conrad. You are my friend, you've always been here for me. I know you, and you know me more than anyone else."

"How the hell do you always know what to say?"

"I love reading. I think that's self-explanatory."

"Will you sleep with me?"

I didn't respond. I just turned again so my back was against his chest and I closed my eyes. Some seconds later, I could feel how he passed his arm through my waist to put me closer to him. His touch was the last thing I felt.

The sun coming through the window woke me up. Conrad was still asleep next to me.

"Con, I need you to wake up."

"I don't want to," he said with a sleepy voice.

"Well, I don't care. Wake up."

"Why?" He was still lying with his eyes closed.

"Volleyball tournament." That was the only thing I had to say. He opened his eyes slowly. He looked at me, and I sat up, smiling at him.

"You're lucky I'm in love with you. Otherwise, I would tell you to fuck off, and I would go back to sleep."

"What a nice boyfriend." I rolled my eyes. He smiled at me before giving me a quick kiss.

"I know."

"God, get over yourself."

"Never."

"I will go and get changed, and I'll see you in the kitchen in ten." He nodded, and I got out of bed, grabbing my clothes from the floor. I quickly put them on and left Conrad's room. Once I opened the door, the first thing I saw was Belly. She already had her team's shirt on.

"Where were you?"

"Nowhere." I lied.

"Addison..."

"With Conrad." I whispered his name.

"Conrad?"

"Yeah."

"And...?"

"And what?"

"Aren't you going to tell me anything?"

"What do you want to know?"

"I don't know... maybe why the fuck you spent the whole night with him?"

"Yesterday we talked about..." I interrupted myself. I couldn't tell Belly about Susannah.

"About what?"

"About us, I guess. We talked about things," I said.

"And?"

"And we're together now."

"Together how?"

"Just together."

"Like, together-together or just together?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just answer."

"We're dating, okay?"

"How did it happen? I need to know everything."

"Later. I need to change and then head to the tournament."

"Okay, but you need to talk to me later. After I win the tournament," Belly said.

"You wish."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Authors note ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Sorry for not showing in here, I will try to publish another chapter between today and tomorrow. I hope you enjoy this and this maybe has a lot of mistakes someday I will correct it.

Enjoy!!

Love u all 💜💜

Btw thanks for 4K views

This corrections have been faster than expected I hope you like this new version of Another Summer :)