Chapter 28: Ochako's Birthday?

Start from the beginning

"Okay then, if you can find a way to pay for the food, then sure. If not, then have fun in the kitchen... bitch." Eri replied, patting Izuku on the shoulder. 

"Pfft- Watch me." Izuku said, before pulling out his phone. 

"Hey Uncle Masaru! How are you? I'm good yeah, just had our orientation day at UA. No, I saw Kaachan, I don't need to speak to him. I was actually wondering, can you help me out? So basically I need some money to prove a point. Yes, Tamaki's involved. Yes, Eri's also involved. I'm sorry- He's also coming- I don't know how much money I'll need, I can just tell you afterwards. It's to buy food. What do you mean make it, there's like... nine people that will be eating here, I can't make that much food. That's very nice of you to offer, but the money is better. No, I didn't say that she- Oh god, wait no Uncle Masaru-"

"DID YOU JUST SAY MY COOKING TASTES LIKE SHIT?!" Mitsuki yelled.

"No, I didn't say that-"

"That's it, I don't care, invite everyone over, they can all eat, you can have some crappy frozen meal since you don't appreciate my cooking!!"

"That's not what I mean-"

"Oh sure Izuku! Is this any way to act? Hell, I'll invite Camie and Toga as well just to annoy you!"

"But Camie doesn't-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. What do you want to eat?" 

"But you said I wasn't allowed to-"

"YOU'RE ALLOWED NOW SO ANSWER YOU DUMBASS!"

"Uhhh, Katsudon? I don't know, just, ask Kaachan, if people don't like it, they can blame him."

"Finally, something we can agree on. Tell everyone to come over at eight, besides, if all your friends are here, we can plan something for Ochako's birthday." Mitsuki said, before hanging up the phone.

Izuku turned around to face Ochako, "It's your birthday soon?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, I guess I forgot to tell you" Ochako replied sheepishly.

"It's fine, I just would have asked you or planned something if I knew"

"Thanks, but we can figure something out, right?" 

"For sure yeah! It'll be a great party" 

Ochako couldn't help but blush a bit, something Eri, Mina and Nejire picked up on. 

"Izuku you're not cooking but things are definitely getting steamy in here~" Nejire teased. 

"Ha ha funny. You want a medal? Maybe a trophy or a plaque?" Izuku asked, only to be met with Nejire nodding her head off. 

"Anyways, Aunt Mitsuki said we should all come over at 8 to eat at her place and to discuss Ochako's birthday. I have no idea what we're gonna plan, but, oh well.

"Well, that should be fun! So, what do you all want to do until then? I mean, me and Tsu are in a random house full of strangers, sooo..." Mina asked.

"We could kidnap you and sell your organs on the black market" Tamaki said sarcastically, his dry tone detracting from the humour.

"Or you could just sell us whole?" Tsu replied, gaining a slight smirk from the purple-haired university student. 

"Hmm, that is a good question. Maybe we could do some icebreakers? Play a game?" Izuku suggested, still not liking this many people in his home. 

"Or we could all go back to our places, get ready and then meet again at 8? I mean, it's just a family-style dinner. Also, we probably shouldn't discuss the party there." Nejire interjected. 

"Why?" Izuku asked. 

"Because a surprise party is better than a planned party. So, everyone who doesn't have my number, get it from me, and we'll all plan something without Ochako finding out." Nejire explained. 

"You realise I'm right here." Ochako said, joining in on the conversation. 

"And? Doesn't mean you'll know what the party is, but if you know we're planning something it's gonna eat away at you, and you'll be desperate to find out. Eri loves that kind of thing." Nejire replied, feigning an innocent smile. 

"You and your favouritism is the reason why I'm not allowed to sleep with you" Izuku off-handedly said, leaving everyone except Tamaki and Eri in shock. 

"When they first met, I was having nightmares, so Nejire would sleep in my bed sometimes to take care of me, Izuku had a similar issue, but Nejire always liked me more than him, since well, it's kind of obvious that's the case. So she never slept in the same bed as him." Eri explained, before turning her attention back to Izuku, "But I think you're forgetting a part of that story, Izuku. The reason why it was like that is because you hate other people sleeping next to you." Eri added. 

"And? I'm not wrong." Izuku replied. 

"Yeah, but you left out the key context in your statement and it confused everyone." Eri snapped back.

"Which is exactly what you did earlier." Izuku pointed out, smiling, as he'd finally caught Eri out. 

Mina smiled watching the two siblings, as she nudged Ochako, whispering in her ear, "I see what you mean, these people are a lot of fun." 

"Yeah, it's nice to be around them. I'm glad you and Tsu are here too." Ochako replied, looking at the group of people she could call friends, feeling lucky and content. 

"Well if we're gonna meet up at dinner, I think now's a good time to leave. Mina and I need to finish unpacking our stuff for our rooms." Tsu commented.

"Yeah, and I've got some work to do as well" Mirio said, as he turned around to face the door, with the other five following suit, as they all made their way to the door. 

"It was nice to meet you two!" Eri said, grabbing the keys and opening the door. 

"Yeah same here! You're much more fun than your older brother" Mina teased, before turning to face said older brother, "Thanks for letting Ochako stay with you, it's nice she found a big group of friends like this."

"Don't thank me, besides, she's a good person, how could I say no?" Izuku replied, as Mina gave Ochako a suggestive look, which she mostly ignored. 

"I'll see you all soon!" Nejire exclaimed as she walked down the stairs, with everyone else responding with something similar, as the doors to the apartment closed, and thoughts of good food and a future party danced in the group's head...