46 | Mission Impossible

Start from the beginning

My phone vibrates in my pocket as I make my way along the edge; quickly pulling it out, I read the message.

Valentina is a goddess👑: 5mins out. 2 in their vehicle, kill the passenger, incapacitate the driver we're comin in hot, make it quick. Love u 💕
Dom👊🏽: k, love u too ❤️

Pocketing my phone, I continue my mission to the roof and climb a railing. Once I reach the top, I hoist myself over and get into position and take out my gun.

Laying down on my stomach, I look through my scope and see two vehicles racing towards the gates and see some flashes coming from the car at the back but no sound. They must be using silencers. I make adjustments and zoom in on the second vehicle and see the passenger hanging out his window, arm raised. Taking a deep breath, I place a steady finger on the trigger, ready to take down my targets.

Blowing out a breath, I squeeze the trigger and see my target fall out of the car through the window he was hanging out of, and the car swerves a little. From shock, I'm guessing. Adjusting the sniper once again, the driver is in my sights. Taking one last deep breath, I let it out slowly and squeezed the trigger hitting the driver in the shoulder and making the car veer off sideways into a ditch just before the gates.

Val's car pulls up at the gate, and multiple guards are now on alert with their guns raised, shouting. Mez exits the driver's side and yells at the guards before turning and pulling out his gun and cautiously walking towards the car in the ditch. I follow him with my scope to make sure he's okay.

Mez comes out from the ditch dragging the man I shot and yelling at the guards again before tossing the man into their trunk. He then slams it and jumps back into the driver's seat. Val's now in my sight, sitting in the passenger seat, bobbing her head and grinning like a maniac.

The guards let them through while two of them go out and check the vehicle and grab the dead body for disposal. Sitting up from my position, I dismantle the sniper and place it back in my bag, and shoulder it before making my way toward the door to head back down.

P E C C A T R I C I

Suddenly, loud voices echo upstairs, startling us all in the theatre

Suddenly, loud voices echo upstairs, startling us all in the theatre. We all look at each other before bolting up and out of the room. We race downstairs and see Mez dragging a man behind him while Val leans against the wall looking at her nails, humming the 'mission impossible' theme song.

"What the fuck is going on?" Someone booms from the living area doorway. We all turn and find dad standing there with all the other adults.

"Well, daddy dearest, it seems we were followed home, but as you can see, it's been taken care of," Val informs us. She looks up behind us, gathered on the stairs, "nice shooting big bro. I knew you had it you."

We all turn and see Dom coming up behind us with a guilty expression, but once he hears Val's praise, a smirk appears, obviously pleased with himself.

"How'd the meeting go, Val?" I ask, turning back to her, trying to get us back on topic.

Her gaze snaps to mine, and she does this weird squinty eye thing like she's constipated, making me snort, "not good, not good at all," she shakes her head.

Fuck, as if we don't have enough to worry about.

P E C C A T R I C I

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I thought I'd gift you all a chapter for Christmas. I don't have any excuses for not writing except that I've lost the passion for finishing this book and the motivation. However, I will try to get this book completed this new year, as I know you're all dying to see the ending. I'm not like most authors who have a plan when writing books. I go with the flow and think most of it on the spot and work with it, as you can probably tell.

I'm going to reread the first book and the start of this book to try and get myself back in the right mind frame and see where I can go with the rest of the story and bring it all together and finish out strong. I have the epilogue all figured out, and it's leading up to it that I'm struggling with.

I'll get there though.

I hope you all have had a fabulous Christmas, and I hope you all have a safe new year. I love you all and appreciate all the love and support you have blessed me with this year.

Thank you, Jacqualine

Thank you, Jacqualine ♥