hideout (pt 1)

i hop on my bike, ready for a movie night at eddie's. the cool summer wind whips around me as i ride through hawkins on my way to his cabin, my floral summer dress clinging to my body.

the caravan park comes into vision and i pedal faster knowing he's probably waiting for me. he always stresses when i ride my bike to his, saying that he'd rather pick me up but i don't want to make him have to do that. as i reach his van, about to hop off my bike i hear a shriek inside. that's eddie's voice. i dump my bike down as fast as i can, sprinting to the door. eddies shouting inside, "chrissy wake up!!"

chrissy?

i burst through the door "eddie" i shout running to his side, "y-y/n i don't know how this happened she only came for drugs and-and"

i look up to see chrissy, hawkins high's sweetheart, frozen mid air. "what the fuck-" i start just as her leg contorts and snaps. we're both screaming now clinging by each other's sides. her arm snacks next then her neck. "WHAT THE FU-" i bury my face in eddies neck as her back slams against the roof. i'm sobbing now from fear. eddies holding me tightly while shaking as chrissy's body drops to the floor.

"this-this is really happening-" i ask, slowly leaning down to look at her. her eyes look like something scratched at them from the inside, trying to escape. her bones are completely snapped. "i think she's-" eddie starts, stifling a sob mid way through. i reach my shaking hand down to her throat, oddly checking for a pulse even though i know that reality is far from reach.

no pulse. "eddie-" i cry standing up falling into his arms. he rubs my back sobbing softly. "we-we gotta go- we can't be here" he chokes out, i nod understanding that if we stay here any longer we'll be pinned as the towns freaks. the murderes. bonnie and clyde.

i grip his hand as he runs to his room grabbing a hoodie for me. i slide it on top of my dress and we reach for the door, pulling it open and running. i don't know where. i don't think he knows where but we'll go as far as our legs can take us. we make it to the woods at the back of the caravan park. we pause briefly, knowing that we're safe for the time being from whatever got chrissy.

"i know a spot" eddie whispers. i reach up and pull him close, embracing him in a big bear hug, knowing our lives won't ever be the same.

———————————————————

shorter chapter but hope u enjoyed!! pt 2 will be up tmr :)