flirt <3 (pt 1)

y/n was undoubtably the most popular girl at hawkins high. she was the best cheerleader they've seen yet, almost top in all her classes and genuinely a nice person. she'd never once dated someone before. people claiming she was too sweet for that kinda stuff. sure, many people admired her and had tried to take her out on dates which she politely denied while ensuring that they remain friends. she herself didn't even think she was interested in that teenage romance bullshit, all the angst, the meaningless sex, the false promises that get your hopes up, all that kinda stuff. that was until she was placed in the same classes as eddie "the freak" munson..

y/n's pov:
i walk into math class, tugging at the hem of my cheerleader uniform. i'd just helped coach some of the hawkins middle school girls before school began so was quite worn out from that. i sit in the middle of the classroom and fix my messy ponytail, waiting for the work to be handed out. jason waltzes in and sits beside me, i roll my eyes internally. it's not that i hate people, he however is just not my favourite person.

"hey gorgeous" he smirks, looking my body up and down. "hey jason" i cringe, feeling suddenly uncomfortable in my own skin.

just as he fails another attempt at flirting with me the door bursts open.
a tall figure with long brunette hair confidently strides in. 'morning losers' he sighs. there's eddie, "the freak", "the satanist", the outcast. he sits beside me dropping his band pin covered backpack on the hard tile floor, comfortably sitting and stretching his legs. "morning princess" he grins. i blush, ready to respond as jason intervenes.

"what do u want freak?" he sneers, sliding his arm around my shoulder. i shrug it off, repulsed by his touch.

"nothing from you jason that's for sure" eddie retorts, propping his head on his hands.

"ugh- how about we move y/n" jason suggests hopefully, looking at me like i'm prey. "i'm alright here, you can move if you'd like" i say, faking a smile as he groans and joins his other jock friends at the back of class.

"he's a sleeze isn't he" eddie jokes, i laugh in response, "you could say that".

he looks me up and down, i feel chills run up my spine watching his eyes stare through me. "why are you in your cheer uniform?" he questions, twirling his hair around one of his ring covered fingers. i clear my throat trying to not get lost in his gaze, "i helped coach some middle schoolers this morning, couldn't be bothered to bring my other clothes since i have practice later anyway"i explain, he nods in response.

he leans across, i feel his warm breathe against my neck and i shudder from his proximity. "well it looks good on you doll" he whispers in my ear. i turn to look at him, our faces only a couple inches apart just as our teacher walks in and begins raniting about pythagorus. my cheeks heat up and i smile at him, unable to form a proper sentence after that. i mean what can i say, he's beautiful. an angel on earth. his figure, his personality, the way his face lights up when he talks about what he's passionate in, the way his dimples show when he grins widely, his laugh. i would gladly listen to that every minute of every day. just everything about him is so captivating.

i stare over at him, he's sketching on the wooden desk drawing a guitar. it was quite detailed to my surprise. i move closer to him and whisper, "that's really good", he looks across at me and grin, those gorgeous dimples of his exposed. "thanks, what do u say we skip this class? it's kinda boring" i gasp in response, "eddie we can't do that! they'd get us in trouble" i explain.

he grins more, "what? have you never skipped before miss perfect?" he laughs, "no-i haven't and i intend on keeping it that way" i state crossing my arms to my chest. he sighs in response still grinning like a fool, "okay well if you change your mind i'll be in the woods near the back oval" he says, tucking his chair in abruptly.

i scoff watching him leave while the teacher shouts "munson you get back here this instant! munson!!"

everyone rolls their eyes and i chuckle under my breath, looking back at the work in front of me. i already know this stuff. i look out the window contemplating. ah fuck it.

i grab my backpack and walk up to the teachers desk, "hi sir! could i please go to the bathroom...lady problems" i whisper the last part to which he nods immediately, "of course of course y/n, take all the time you need" i grin back. well that was easy. i can see eddie walking down the halls making his way out and i run to catch up. he turns around after hearing my sneakers on the tiles. "finally breaking a rule? good girl" he grins as i reach his side. i bump ny hips into him jokingly as he dramatically falls. "princess has got a bit of bit to her" i roll my eyes and help him up, our hands interlocking. i feel heat rise to my face at the touch. he smirks down at me and rubs his thumb across my palm. "c'mon, let's get out of here" he grins as we walk out hand in hand.

———————————————————

omygod firstly 10k reads- bro- i don't even know what to say i rlly did NOT expect that- tysm ahh!!

part two will be up soon!

hope u enjoyed :))