hot summer nights 🌌

y/n's pov:

i walk into the cafeteria with robin my best friend by my side, she's ranting on about something idiotic steve did at work while i half listen, half wondering where my lovable clingy boyfriend is.

i truly love robin, shes my best friend and always knows how to make me laugh. she keeps me grounded. but even though i always have her with me, i can't help but miss eddie.

god that sounds gross. another overly obnoxious lovey dovey teenage couple. but it's true. i yearn for him like nothing else. to be beside him. to touch him, not even always in a sexual way, just to know he's there is enough.

i sit down with robin at our usual table as she clicks her fingers in my face.
"y/nnnn" she groans, "shit sorry, what's up?" i ask being snapped out of my gaze. "somethings up with you, you're completely spaced out. everything good?" she asks, her eyebrows raising in concern.

"i'm okay trust me. i've just been a bit.. i don't know, stressed lately. mid terms and all." i sigh, too embarrassed to confess the real reason.

"well since it's a friday, how about you, me, steve and eddie hang out? we could see a drive in movie, go to the lake for a little night swimming, watch movies and eat ice cream at mine?" robin suggests.

"yes please that sounds perfect!" and just as i respond i feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. eddie lowers his head on my shoulder, his hair tickling my collarbones. "hey ed's" i giggle, he hides his face in my neck before mumbling a hello back. steve soon joins us, eddie cuddled beside me now. "you okay love?" i whisper, "i'm sick of this place." he groans. steve and robin roll their eyes at us before continuing to talk about this evening plans, and as soon as that's mentioned eddie perks up. "this'll be fun" he grins kissing my cheek.

————————time skip———————

i get home from school and immediately get changed into some denim shorts and a cropped shirt with swimmers underneath.

just as i fix up my hair in the mirror i hear a rock hit my window. yup, there's eddie. what a romantic. he grins up at my window, wearing his classic jeans and hellfire shirt combo, obviously not too bothered by the steamy weather. i race down the stairs and run out the door practically jumping onto him. "hi loveee" he grins, holding me close, i lean up and give him a quick kiss. "you ready to have some fun?" i laugh racing him to his van door. "oh you know it!" he responds smiling.

he places his hand on my thigh as we drive to the lake, blasting one of his mix tapes, windows down and screaming the lyrics. god i love this.

his hair is blowing in the wind and he's completely at peace while listening to some metal band scream about death.
he could be doing anything at all and i wouldn't help but admire him.

he feels my gaze and looks back over at me just as we park the van. "you right love?" he asks raising one eyebrow. i run my hand through his unkept brunette locks before grinning, "you're pretty" i whisper. he reaches a hand up to the side of my face,  stroking it softly, "oh yea? well, you're prettier" he states chuckling. we lean in and i feel his soft lips on mine.

although on the outside he looks like someone who could kill you, he's a huge softie on the inside.

i wrap my hands around his shoulders, sliding onto his lap as we continue kissing. he grips my waist and smiles against my lips. i softly sigh feeling myself grow calmer in his hands. i'm intoxicated by him. everything about him.

"GET A ROOM!!"

steve harrington shouts at us, his head right in the window. i jump up and shriek not even noticing he's there. creepy fucker. robin walks behind him chuckling. "alrightttt, it's time to swim" i say as we make our way towards the cold lake.

after hours of splashing around, water fights and laying in the lake, the sun begins to fade away. robin and steve have just left to go get some snacks and a few movies for when we go to robins house later. eddie splashed water at me as i watch them leave, "oh it's on!!"

i dive in and grab onto him, wrapping my legs around his waist, he holds me close as we're in a shallower part of the lake. "ohh now what's this?" he chuckles surprised. "surprise attack" i grin before splashing water in his face. he dunks us both under water as i shriek and laugh. we dive up from beneath the water and continue splashing about while the sun paints the blue lake in light yellow hues. i'm still wrapped around him. my arms holding his bare back, his arms keeping my close and around my waist. i feel his breath against my neck as he kisses me softly. i melt into his touch, running my hands throw his wet hair. we look up at each other as i hold his face. "you're prettiest" i chuckle before kissing him again softly, the sun slowly setting behind us. i love my life.

~ hot summer nights,
mid july,
when you and i were forever wild ~

————————————————————

holy crap i cannot believe this book has over 1K reads wtf- tysm!! i truly didn't expect this!!
also i know this chapter is kinda cringe but we needed some soft eddie in here. as always, hope u enjoyed <3