ɪx. ɴᴏsᴇʙʟᴇᴇᴅs

Start from the beginning

•••

SAVANNAH, ROBIN, AND NANCY walked up the steps towards the library. "Help me get this straight." Robin said to the brunette. "Like you can get anything straight." Savannah whispered, Robin heard her and elbowed her in the gut.

"Fuck you." Savannah whispered before Robin continued. "Okay, Eddie's uncle, Jasper's father, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around Hawkins committing all these murders?" Robin asked. Nancy looked over at the girl. "Pretty much." She answered.

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders, like, way back in the fifties." Nancy nodded. "Well, fifty-nine." She corrected, opening the door to the library. "So, does that mean these murders predate Eleven in the Upside Down by about thirty years? Give or take." Savannah asked, walking in behind Robin and Nancy. "Yeah." Nancy said, casting a quick glance behind her before stopping ay the front desk.

Robin and Savannah quickly followed behind, standing next to her. "Which makes spooky Victor Creel like seventy years old." Robin said. "Yep." Nancy slammed her hand onto the bell. "Nance, these one word answers make me feel like you are tired of us." Savannah spoke her mind. Nancy looked over at the young-adult, giving a sarcastic smile. The two had never ever talked a lot. Or even at all really.

When Nancy found out Savannah raised two kids on her own she was shocked to say the least. She had seen the girl around school and she was not expecting that at all. "No. No you're both.. you're both fine." It didn't take a genius to tell Nancy was lying.

Robin leaned on the counter. "So, he's a grandpa murder who can turn invisible and lift people into the air." She theorized. "It doesn't make sense. I know. That's why I said it was a shot in the dark." She told the short-haired brunette in an annoyed tone before ringing the bell again.

"I think Robin thought "shot in the dark," meant you were just being a smart alec and knew something we didn't." Savannah put in her input as she lazily let her eyes travel around the library. "Yeah, exactly. But this is, like, really, truly a shot in the dark." Robin said, amazed. "Like, we are snipers with blindfolds on who've been spun around fifty times."

Nancy slammed her finger onto the bell repeatedly making a loud dinging sound. Savannah covered her ears as they rung with the bell. "Coming!" A muffled voice said as Nancy stopped. The Wheeler girl looked over to Savannah who's ears where covered, a confused look forming on her face. Savannah looked at Nancy as she slowly pulled her hands away from her ears. The front desk lady walked in front of them making both brunettes look away from each other.

"Hi. Sorry, we're in a bit of a rush." Nancy apologized. "Could we get the keys to the basement archives?" Nancy asked politely. "Of course. Give me one sec." The lady smiled before walking away once again.

It went quiet for a couple seconds before Robin spun to face Nancy. "Did ether of us come off mean or condescending or something?" She asked the eldest Wheeler sibling. Nancy paused before replying with "No." Robin just nodded. "Right. Sorry. It's just, you seem annoyed. You don't know us very well. I don't really have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues. Savy is slightly better than me at that kinda stuff... when she wants to be." Savannah chuckled.

Nancy nodded. "Okay." She said quietly. "If I say something that upsets you, just know that I know it's a flaw. Believe me, my mother reminds me daily." Savannah frowned while Nancy just turned away from Robin. "All right, ladies. Here you go. Have fun." The women smiled, handing the keys over. Nancy took them with a fake smile. "Yep. We'll try." With that the brunette made her way towards the basement.

Robin looked at the librarian who clenched her jaw. The short-haired girl raised her hands up and shrugged making Savannah laugh again before the two followed after Nancy.