Chapter 35 : Scent

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

As the Queen of Olympus,

Hera was considered very powerful.

The women of Greece prayed to Hera for protection during childbirth and good marriages.

She also had power over the skies,

And could bless the people with clear skies or curse them with storms.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Zion subtly took a step back as Helena jogged to a stop

Zion subtly took a step back as Helena jogged to a stop. She stood before us with a smile that could brighten the moon-- if that even makes sense.

Her straight brown hair fell over her shoulders with bluish-green eyes that matched her top. Her blue skirt swirled elegantly over her knees and her chest was adorned with so many accessories. Her attention was glued to Zion a few seconds before meeting Liam and I.

The sin remained silent beside me and I tried to control the urge to sneak a peek at his facial expression. He and Helena had met in Zion's home but didn't really exchange words. I made an internal cringe while recalling how Liam reacted to her jaw-dropping peacock nightgown.

At the time, his cat eyes had glowed. And after weeks of getting to know him, sudden glowing cat eyes meant a surge of emotions. In other words, he was attracted to her. Except she purposely did it for Zion's attention and no one else's.

Does Liam recognize her?

Helena waved at me, bringing into focus the many bangs on her wrist. They resonated with her hand gesture like she was a freaking gypsy. "Hi Dear."

I waved back. "Hello."

She smiled at Liam in greetings and he nodded in response. Helena turned back to Zion, immediately catching his towering frame. She cleared her throat and straightened up to look taller.

It didn't make much of a difference.

Helena was tall for an average person -- which means she was frankly a little taller than me. I try not to be too bothered by it.