Chapter 3 : Couple

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Leda was the queen of Sparta.

She was the mother of beautiful Helen,

A girl who sparked the Trojan War.

Leda was famously seduced by Zeus,

A god who took the form of a swan.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hunter frowned at me, his lips puckered as his wrist strained against the handcuffs

Hunter frowned at me, his lips puckered as his wrist strained against the handcuffs. He stared at his best friend with the look of betrayal. "You're letting her see me like this?"

Dimitri slipped his phone into one pocket and leaned his hands on Hunter's desk. "For the thousandth time. Penny is not your enemy. She'll never try to hurt you. In fact..." He glanced at me as an idea popped into his head. "You could both get to know each other. It'll be fun."

Hunter jerked in his seat as he struggled with the handcuffs. "Fat chance. Now help me!"

A conflicted thought flickered over Dimitri's face like he was actually considering it. He brushed it off as his lips stretched into a teasing smile.

My eyes zoned on the restraints around Hunter's wrist. "Are these my dad's?"

Finally registering my question, Dimitri turned to me and scratched his head innocently. "Uh...I wanted to get a pair of cuffs for Wyatt and since your dad was a cop I asked him for one."

I folded my arms and quirked an eyebrow. He wasn't telling me everything. Dad won't willingly give a pair of handcuffs to a high school kid. "Did you sweet-talk my dad?"

Dimitri clicked his tongue and shot fingers at me. "I did. Said I wanted to be a police officer when I grow up." He slipped his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants and smirked at Hunter. "I was getting it for the stupid Manticore but I guess it has other uses."