Chapter 9- "Wanna Dance?"

Chapter 9; "Wanna Dance?"

Phoebe's POV:

After Rosie and Fay left me, I dance my heart out to my favorite party song, TikTok by Kesha.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hey. You're Phoebe right?" A guy I vaguely recognize asks me. I think he went to our rival highschool, and I may have talked to him at football games before. Maybe he knows Johnny.

"The one and only." I say, with a laugh.

"You really are." He says with a smirk.

"Yeahhhh." I reply. Is this guy being weird or have I had too many shots?

The song then switches. "Wanna dance?" The guy asks me. I don't really know if I'm feeling this guy to be honest.

"Umm, uh," I stutter, drunkenly, "I'm kind of tired." I couldn't think of a better excuse.

"Come on, let's have some fun." He says, and puts his hands around my waist. Okay, now I'm really uncomfortable. I try to push his arms off my waist, but he won't budge. His hand then starts to travel down to my ass.

I squirm and try to move away. "Please stop." I say, starting to worry.

"Just loosen up." He insists, pulling me closer into him again. He begins to touch my ass again.

I push my hands against him, trying to pull away.

"Please," I demand, trying to be firm, "I said no!"

I begin to walk away from him, when he suddenly grabs my wrists. My heart starts racing out of fear. I try to push him away, but his grip tightens.

"Get off me!" I yell.

"She said get off her!" I hear from a familiar voice. I look over to see Reese standing there, looking angry with his jaw clenched.

"Did I look like I was talking to you?" The guy responds, letting go of me but getting up closer to Reese.

"You are now," Reese replies, getting in the guy's face. "Leave her alone."

"And what are you gonna do about it?" The guy says, pushing Reese in the chest. They are both beginning to become even more aggressive. Reese looks really pissed.

"I swear to fucking God." Reese seeths. Everyone in the room is quiet, and I can feel their eyes on us.

Reese begins to throw his arm back, ready to throw a punch. Suddenly Johnny runs over and grabs Reese's arms, holding him back.

My head is spinning, and I just want to get the fuck out of here. I run out of the room, tears filling up my eyes.

"Wait!" Reese yells towards me as I run off. "Phoebe!"

I go and sit on the beach, right outside of Rosie's backyard, trying to calm myself down. Reese comes running up to me, and sits where I am.

"Phoebe I-"Reese stutters, looking worried and concerned. By now, the tears are running down my face.

He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I can feel the warmth of his body as my head rests on his chest, and I start to calm down.

"I'm so sorry."Reese says to me.

"I can't believe that just happened. I feel so powerless. Like- like, I couldn't stop him."I murmur into his chest. I think I'm starting to get his shirt wet.

"It wasn't your fault. That guy was a dick."Reese tells me, "Who even was that guy? He definitely didn't go to Northshore."

"I don't know, I think I've seen him around before. I've maybe talked to him once at a football game or something. He knew my name."

"He's a fucking perv. It makes me sick that people like him exist."Reese states.

We remain sitting on the beach for a little while, Reese's arms still tightly wrapped around me. My heart begins to race when I realize how close we are to each other.

"Thanks for everything Reese."I say, looking up at his face. We lock eyes for a moment, both of us silent.

I look away."Well, uh we should probably head inside now." I tell him, breaking the silence.

"Yeah."Reese mumbles.

We walk inside back to the party, and I look around to see that the guy is gone, and half the people have already left.

"Oh my god, Phoebe! Are you okay?"Rosie says, running up to me worried. Fay then pulls me into a hug.

"We heard what happened."She states, looking concerned. Ben and Johnny walk up to us now too.

"I wish I was there, I would have beat the shit out of that guy." Ben says

"Reese was going to if I hadn't pulled him away."Johnny states. Fay, Ben, and Rosie look over to Reese, confused. Reese stares off, not looking at them.

Johnny gives me a hug. "I'm so sorry Phoebe."

"Thanks you guys. Really, I'm okay."I say, trying to hide my pain.

"Everyone, out!"Ben shouts to the few people who are still remaining.

I look at the time. It's 1:00 am."I think we should call it a night."Rosie says, reading my exact thoughts.

"Fine by me."Reese says.

"Wait can we pleasee watch something on netflix for a little?"Ben pleads. We all head into Rosie's living room.

"Can I get some water?"Ben begs, giving Rosie puppy dog eyes.

"Can I get some snacks while you're there."Johnny asks.

"You guys will be the death of me."Rosie says, rolling her eyes and walking into the kitchen to grab water and snacks.

I'm currently seated on the bean bag when Rosie throws a blanket over me.

"Here."She says, throwing one over to Ben and one over to Reese.

"Can we get another?"Ben asks.

"My mom washed the other ones, so you're going to have to share."Rosie answers.

"Here."Ben says, throwing the blanket over himself and Fay.

"Thanks."Fay responds.

I snuggle up into the bean bag. My head is racing with so many different thoughts. I really can't pay attention to the show right now. I end up eventually just closing my eyes, and I quickly fall to sleep. I think everyone fell asleep quickly after me, considering the amount of drinks we all had...