9

WARNING: RACISM AHEAD!

FIVE DAYS AGO...

He scanned through the living room, kitchen, and dining hall, but found nothing. He also climbed up the stairs and saw that there were two bedrooms. He also checked there, but still found nothing. Except a large bookshelf full of classic books, in the second bedroom.

The bookshelf, as well as the room, was unusually clean and tidy, unlike the other rooms. Oxygen, who felt this suspicious, looked up and down at the bookshelf. It had nothing suspicious.

Feeling deceived, Oxygen was about to leave but soon stopped there seeing something suspicious. It was a mark on the wall, which was close to the bookshelf. The mark looked as if the bookshelf was pushed and pulled. Which means there is something behind the bookshelf.

Putting down a lot of effort and energy, Oxygen managed to push the bookshelf. And behind it, there was a simple door. It didn't have any handles, but just a hole to enter the key and open it.

As he scanned through his toolbox whether he could find something to open, he found that it can be opened easily with a bobby pin. And that was what used to bind his wavy hair. He removed one of the two pins he had and tried to open it. Until he was profusely sweating, he couldn't open it. But then, he somehow managed to open it, as he heard a flick from the door.

He pushed the door inwards and saw dusky staircases. Oxygen climbed down the staircases, which led to a secret room, which was none other than Max's place. It was full of pictures of many ex. Agents and current agents of Inspygency. Some of them were circled while some were not. He also found his own photo there. There were also his costumes, weapons he used for murders, and finally, an invitation. Oxygen took it and read the content.

You're invited to celebrate the

50TH YEAR OF MEYER HOTELS

We want to thank you for all the love and support you gave for these fifty years. And you have so much fun waiting for our part. So rather, don't miss it!

RSVP: Stefan Meyer
Walter Meyer
Uwe Meyer

Venue: Meyer Hotels, Charlottenburg, Berlin

Date and Time: 25th July 2018, 10:30 am

And below was a handwritten message.

D-Day!

Which meant that he may execute a murder that day. Oxygen, who understood this, said to himself, "It's a D-Day for me too, dear!" with his trademark sinister smirk.

***

Oxygen, who finally nabbed Max, gave him yet another smirk.

"Too smart," said Max. He didn't reveal his state of mind. He was neither angry, surprised, nor shocked.

After clicking his tongue as a sign of disagreement, Oxygen said, "Thank your cliché ideas, dear!"

With a light chuckle, Max said, "I'm sorry, Oxygen. You have to face this," grabbing the gun from Oxygen and pointing at him. "No other go!"

Oxygen looked at him, agitated. Just before he could act upon it, they heard the door knock. Max, still in his position, said, "Open the door. And walk out with me. Got it?"

Oxygen nodded a yes and turned back to open the door, while Max pointed the gun at his spine. As Oxygen opened the door, it was a middle-aged man, who was yelling profanities in German, and went inside, while the cat-and-mouse duo went out.

As they were walking, Max felt something in his spine. He looked back and found that Oxygen was pointing a dining knife at his spine. Max shot a deadly glare at Oxygen, while Oxygen dodged it with a warm smile.

Soon, Max stopped walking, making Oxygen stop too and they half-turned at each other.

Max looked up at Oxygen and said, "Better luck next time, kid," and poured a cup of soup on Oxygen's face. The soup didn't affect Oxygen's face as it was cold. Oxygen, who closed his eyes precariously, opened his eyes and saw Max entering the lift.

He ran towards the stairs and climbed up as fast as he could, simultaneously checking each floor whether Max was there. Meanwhile, he saw the lift still progressing. He climbed up and up until he reached the tenth floor, which is the terrace.

Knowing that Max can't escape after this, Oxygen hid at the entrance and was waiting for him to appear.

The lift, which was at the other side of the entrance, showed up, and out came Max. Oxygen, who was peeping at Max, saw him taking his gun out from Max's coat pocket. Holding it up, Max yelled, "YO, INDIAN BOY! SHOW UP! I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!"

Oxygen didn't want to appear soon. He wants to play a safe game.

Max continued, "AH! I KNOW YOU WON'T COME! AND STILL, I DON'T KNOW WHY INDIANS ARE TRUE COWARDS! YOU GUYS KNEW NOTHING EXCEPT HIDE, ISN'T IT!?"

Oxygen couldn't stomach that racist comment. He can't tolerate a guy abusing his nationality and nation. Still, he decided not to leap instantly. He knows that Max is trying to trigger him.

"SEE!? I AM FUCKING RIGHT, MAN! AND ARE YOU EVEN A MAN OR NOT!? DO YOU HAVE ANY SHAME!? EVEN THOUGH YOUR AGENCY HAD SUSPENDED YOU, YOU GO ON PLUGGING INTO THEM! HOW SHAMELESS ARE YOU! I HEARD THAT BASTARDS USED TO BE SHAMELESS BY BIRTH!"

Now Max had got Oxygen weakness. Oxygen never liked anyone who called him a bastard.

And Oxygen already had enough. He decided to show up and fight the front. He saw Max standing far away, facing the lift.

Oxygen took out the dinner knife he had, from his coat pocket, and tip-toed towards Max, who was still standing there yelling profanities to trigger Oxygen.

Oxygen came next to Max, and slowly bent down. He then played his game by giving Max a strong stab in his thigh.

Max, who didn't anticipate that, yelped and grunted in pain. Blood oozed out from his thigh, which angered him more. Max took out the knife and sat down next to the lift, taking out his hankie from the pant pocket, to wound around the wound.

"Sit," Max said with utter difficulty. "Ugh, trust me! Just sit down. I have a confession."

Could it be about his murders? Oxygen thought and sat opposite him.

"What is it?" Oxygen asked in a cold tone.

"You lil' boy, I have something to tell you. A real one," repeated Max.

"What is it? Just spill the beans," said Oxygen.

Chuckling lightly, Max said, "Everyone in your agency thinks that I'm the only culprit. They knew Agent Potassium only as a damned gold digger. But nobody dared to ask why I did that treason. Nobody wanted to know what the actual hell happened. They still think that I'm the sole reason behind the treason."

"Then, who is it?"

"Can I trust you?" asked Max.

"Trust me. I can help you."

"This shitty world has all mouths but no ears. I still wonder why nobody refuses to know that my French ex. Girlfriend, Agent Lithium was the cause."

Oxygen couldn't believe it for a while. "Max, what do you mean?"

"Yes! I'm fucking sure that Aurelia Bergers is the cause! And... I'll tell you how."

So here we are, at the ninth chapter of Retaliation. Hope you guys enjoyed it! Please drop some constructive criticisms. I'm waiting.

Vote. Comment. Share. Add. Enjoy.

Word Count: 1212 words