"alright. take care, love. don't be late."

"mhm." then she dropped the call. she stared at it for a few seconds before turning around only for her to be faced with albedo whose back was leaning against the wall, standing too closely beside her. she could smell the familiar apathetic scent of both musky and amber, it smelled clean and charming but she couldn't care less. "what do you think you're doing?" she hissed, forehead crinkled.

"didn't think you're the type of sister who's very genuine and caring."

"shut up." she said sternly, crossing her arms across her chest. she walked past him with her nose scrunched in disgust and stopped when she felt him trailing her behind. "what is your problem?" she demanded irritably, her voice a little bit low since she didn't want to disturb the fun of others.

"look, do you remember what our adviser said when —"

"no. i don't care, shut up."

"you really can't stand me, no?" his light-blond hair that was trailed down to his shoulder and pulled back into a braided half-ponytail seemed to glow brightly under the dim light of the room with only the karaoke tv as the only source of light.

"can't you feel it? my hatred?"

"that's so typical of you but hey.." his eyes trailed off from her face where he chuckled a little upon seeing her annoyed expression then down to her loosely hanging hair on both of her shoulders and then down to her chest where the light-blue amulet laid aesthetically.

"where are you looking?!" she crossed her arms defensively. "you're a per —"

"the amulet." he looked at her, "looks familiar."

"ha, what now? you're gonna accuse me of stealing it?" she gasped angrily.

the loud noise from behind was supposed to distract them both; they shouldn't have this kind of conversation when the noise was enough to make everyone's ears bleed harshly and yet it seemed like they were inside their own world as they continued to argue like there was no tomorrow. puffed cheeks, hissing lips, y/n put both of her hands on her lips waiting for him to respond.

"no," he shook his head. "the color reminds me of my eyes. don't tell me you didn't think of it before you bought that?"

she stared at him for a while, obviously dumbfounded. then, like a ticking bomb, her anger exploded inside her sending the feeling of offended, hatred, anger, and absurdness to her system. "ha!" she gasped, "you're so fucking full of yourself! aren't you embarrassed, albedo?!"

"now, you're calling me by my name." his voice was soft and teasing.

"can you just shut your mouth off for eternity? nothing good happens to me whenever you try to open it."

"that's the plan, y/n." he smirked innocently. "you're mad aren't you? now tell me what would you feel if i told you that you were the one i drew during the poster making contest back in middle school?"

"what?" she stepped forward, igniting with anger. "that's absurd of you! do you think i'll find it romantic and completely melt and throw myself to you? ha! you must be kidding!"

albedo only shrugged his shoulders, "ah, what a disappointing reaction. i was expecting to see you blush or something."

"do you want me to fucking throw you out of this room? i swear to god, you're testing my patience! i'm trying to be good today because i do not want to spoil the party and you —" she pointed at him, "just had to ruin everything!"

"just like what i always do?"

"just like what you always do!" she exclaimed, aggressively nodding. "for goodness' sake, just leave me alone."

"but before that, let me say something.." he leaned closer to the shell of her ear, his warm breath only sent annoyance to her so she stepped backward but his calloused hand stopped her shoulder. "congratulations." he pulled back with a smile, "we did well, yes?"

her nose scrunched up, "fuck you."

albedo chuckled, placing both of his hands in the pocket of his pants before looking back at her; his light-blue orbs were dancing with amusement and satisfaction and the sly smirk on his lips didn't vanish at all in fact it grew even wider when he saw y/n's reaction to his reply, "maybe someday."