Until the left side of my earbud popped out, his fingers taking it out and slowly laid his lips to my cheek. I can smell the menthol of his signature cigarette stuck to his skin.

I turn around to face him as he looks down at me. But a small frown leaves his mouth.

"Jesus, what the hell happened to your forehead?"

His thumb reaches for the dried blood on my face. Shit, he can see how horrible my makeup isnt covering the small abrasion on my left side.

I put my hand on top of his, slowly avoiding him touching my dried scabs from the explosion. Just start with small talk, Slo. That's all you need.

"I went for a mile run yesterday and I tripped hitting the dirt." I say to him, lying directly anything else that goes with my made up story.

He shakes his head. "You're always clumsy doing something without me." I push my hand to his chest as a small chuckle leaves from his mouth. Of course he loves making fun of how ridiculous I am as a person.

*
"I was starting to think you were ignoring me when I got here, babe." He says holding my earbud.

"Sorry, I didn't realize my music was loud." I lied.

He nods his head leaving a little hum from his mouth and puts my earbud to his ear listening to the music shuffled right now. The Chain, by Fleetwood Mac. His head bounces and a grin forms from the corner of his mouth.

"I love Fleetwood Mac. Didn't expect you to be listening to them." He says.

"Well, I like sticking to music that my uncle always listens to." I take my earbud back from his fingers and let it hang in front of me.

"Hey, um how was your trip to Washington? Did you like it?" I ask him.

If I want to see where my motive is going, I need to know if he's putting up a story.

"M' alright." He shrugs. "Carter kept falling asleep so it was basically Cade and I driving the whole way back. The weather there though was a lot cooler than here."

Okay, nothing too surprising there so I keep going.

"Did you see a lot of sites?"

"I think on our way back we stopped by that one attraction that everyone loves because of the book series or movie..what 's it called?..uh.."

I roll my eyes. "Twilight. The town is called Forks and I know everyone in Oregon likes to go up there just to get a glimpse of their own imaginary world of vampires and werewolves."

He chuckles. "I bet you've been there."

"I have, but not since I was little. I used to travel a lot with my parents." I say, closing my locker behind me as we lean against the lockers between us.

"Were they always busy?"

"I mean yeah. My mom was a computer server in the downtown district for lots of companies and my dad used to work with my uncle as construction site manager." Which is all based on coverups for CASTA.

He nods silently. "Ah, I see where you get that brain of yours from."

"Oh I wouldn't call myself that smart. I couldn't even step a foot into the honor society club."

"You said your uncle works for a construction tool shop right?"

"Uh..yeah.." I say, anxious about what other questions he has next for me. "He and my dad were like business partners in a family matter but my uncle chose to stay at his own level."