"I'm going to be a Mom," I cooed to myself, sighing at the reality of it by caressing the baby bump, though small, it was heck of a lot bigger than when we first announced it to our family. "You're some kind of a miracle baby to be able to go through that same amount of stress that I went through," I sighed. "I'm sorry for even letting you go through that."

The door leading to the pool opened, wearing only the pair of jeans he arrived in, Dominic wandered in with a smile. His right dimple peeked through the light stubbles around his jawline as he tucked away his phone and asked, "Who are you talking to?"

"Our baby." I pointed to the bump. "Where have you been? I thought you said no work during this break."

"Yeah, that wasn't work," He replied.

"Then?"

"It's nothing."

I slightly frowned, my lips pursed as I heavily exhaled through my nostrils, having them flare up each time I did. Dominic only chuckled and came closer, pulling me to my feet as he said, "No, I don't have some secret life outside of you or have a mistress hiding somewhere else. I only have you. I only want you."

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes, he was very obvious when it came to teasing me. He had a way with words that would always sweep me off my feet. I poked at his bare chest and asked, "So who was on the phone then?"

"Your Mother."

"Don't lie."

"I am not lying." Dominic backed himself up by pulling out the phone he used from his pocket, turning it around and showed that the phone he used to talk on was mine.

"What were you doing with my phone?" I pretended to be surprised. "I could have a secret lover in there that you wouldn't like to read about."

"Secret lover?" Dominic repeated with a snort. "Secret lover, my ass," He scoffed and swooped me off my feet and carried me like a bride, but in reflex, I wrapped my arms around his neck for safety.

"Okay, okay, I don't have one!" I willingly admitted defeat as I didn't like the drop between his height and the floor, even when I felt his grip properly secured and tight, I worried about the little things while I was pregnant - it couldn't be helped. "And where are you taking me?" I added once he started moving.

"There's a jacuzzi outside, and I really  wouldn't mind having a naked dip with my only lover." - Emphasis on only.

That was how our first day was spent, we were alone and in a private place where we had no one else to take care of other than ourselves. No worries. No doubts or lurking troubles. Not once have I even thought about work and being a lawyer in general.

It felt... Great.

Although that wasn't where it stopped of course, but I definitely had no expectations for any plans other than just a break.

January 29

"Dominic Walsh, go away, I want to sleep."

"Annie, wake up."

"No, Dom!"

"It's not Dominic, you goof!" I heard a feminine voice, definitely not my husband-to-be that's for sure. And my head jolted with a dazed expression, my brain slightly jumbled at the fact I pushed myself up too quickly. I slightly moaned and blinked a few times, rubbing my eyes as my vision slowly became clearer and I saw-

"Boo? What the heck?"

A widely grinning Erika came into view, her blond hair properly tied into a high bun and her face seemed a bit freshly made up with cosmetics, yet had a natural glow to her. She was barely a few inches away before she slithered off the bed and extended her slender arms to the air, behind her was my Mother and Dominic's Mother, Elizabeth.