Bri: Hey! Merry Christmas to you too! I don't actually have any plans. My moms away drinking at some bar as always, my dad, well you already know about him, and I don't have any family I know of, so it's just gonna be me. It's okay though I will probably just make some cookies and watch christmas movies all day. What about you?

I see that Anten began typing, but stopped. Did I say something? Maybe I said to much. Why do I always have to say to much. Or maybe he just thinks Christmas movies are stupid. Yeah thats probably it. I watch my phone to see if Anten will begin typing, but those three dots never appear. I did it again. Alone. Alone again.

| <3 |

I wake up to someone pounding at my door. I look around and realize that I fell asleep on the couch. I'm still on the couch. I quickly slip my slippers on and walk towards the door. Opening it, I see the last person I would expect to see at my door at this hour in the mornign. It's Anten, smiling at me. "Anten what are you doing here it's 2 am in the moring?"  "Pack your things for two nights. I have a suprise for you." I don't render what he's saying until were in the car on the way to some place he never felt to mention. "I don't know if I already asked you this, but where exactly are we going?" I look over to see Anten is concentraed on driving and probably didn't hear me. "It's a suprise. I promise you'll like it." I jump a little, not expecting him to actaually answer me. He just laughs. "I promise you will like it." I look at him. Really look at him. "I thought you were spending Christmas with your mom." I ask. His eyes are still on the road when he says, "I did. Christmas is almost over, and besides you didn't have anyone to spend Christmas with, my mom had some friends she could invite over if she really felt lonely enough." He said then his eyes widen in shock. "I am so sorry, I know you have friends, I juts thought maybe you would want to spend a little but of Christmas with me-" I stop him before he could keep ranting. "It's okay Anten no need to be sorry. I don't actually have anyone to spend Christmas with, and it means everything that you could be here." I say. Tears well up in my eyes. I didn't even know I was crying until Anten pulled over to wipe my tears. I laugh at my weakness. "Sorry, I know I'm kind of a crybaby sometimes." I wipe my tears with my jacket before I could embarss mysefl further. Anten didn't say anything and just looked at me. I felt like he really was looking at me. "You don't need to apologize, you know that Bri. You know no one deserves to be alone on Christmas. No one. Espcially not the most kindest soul I have ever met. I swear if Christmas was a person you would be it." That made me cry more. I turn my head to face the window. "Okay enough making me cry, drive." I laugh out, and Anten begins the drive once more.

| <3 |

5 hours later we were here.

"Anten this is... I am turly speechless. It's breathtaking." I look around at the small cabin placed in front of me. It looked cozy and warm. With it's warp around porch and sliding glass doors, and the red tin roof that had christmas lights wrapped around it. The sun was begining to rise, which reflected off the windows. It was increible.  How does Anten know of this place? I don't know. "This cabin belonged to my dad. He and my grandfather made out the plans and even helped to build it. My grandfather owns it now that my dad is gone." The way he always talks about his dad makes me wish I had a dad. Just to experince the things he got too. I know I do have a dad, but knowing that my dad choose to not know me, makes me know I don't have a dad. Just a man that helped make me. A stranger, and nothing more. "Shall we?" Anten grabs our bags and leads the way inside the small, cozy cabin. It's even more breathtaking inside. The tall cellings, and the loft that had not one, but two seperate rooms with beds. The bathrooms were downstairs along with a small kitchen, a couch with a fireplace and a tv, and closet for baggage. Anten set our stuff down on the dining table and went over to the fireplace. "Ever learned how to start a fire before?" He asked. I give him a look. "Okay, okay, well would you like to learn?" I smile and shake my head at him. "Why not." I go over and sit down next to him. Watching him grab a couple of logs and place them like a small mountain into the fireplace, he then stuffed some newspapers into the gaps along with lighter fluid before lighting it up. The orange gleam bounced off my face. My face felt warm. It felt like a home. Like a home that was lived in. Like memories, good ones, were made in this very room. On this very floor. I glance over at Anten to see his moved onto the couch flipping throug channels on the tv. "What are you doing?" I ask him and sit nect to him. The couch is like a gaint bean bag. It's the most comfotable couch I've ever sat on. Not like I've sat on a lot of couches in my life time.

"What shall we watch?" He asked. I thought about it for a moment, until I realized exactly what we should watch. "Have you ever seen the movie elf?" I asked. Anten shook his head. I smiled even more, "Hand me the remote, your gonna love this." Anten handed me the remote and placed a blanket on the both of us.

| <3 |

It was 9 o'clock in the morning when the movie was over. I looked to ask what Anten thought of it only to see that he was alseep. I smiled to myself. How could I get this lucky to know someone as amazing as him? I don't know. I look around and see that it's snowing. Actually snowing. I smile and run up to go see it for myself. It was beauitful and white and cold. "It will snow more later today. I mean it's South Carolina, so you should see some more later." I quickly turn around in suprise to see Anten is up and staring at me with sleepy eyes. While I got to sleep in the car, Anten had to drive 5 straight hours to get here. "Anten you look exhausted you should get some sleep." I tell him. I could never say he looks terrible, because I would be lying. He never looks terrible. "I'll be fine. I had coffee." I laugh at his attempt to hide his yawn. I turn back around to gaze at the mountains and the snow falling on top the trees, and the wind blowing the snow around. It's the most amazing picture. "Can I ask you something?" I question. Anten is now standing right next to me. "Yeah antyhing." I smile. I adore that I can always ask Anten anything. "Why did you bring me here?" I turn my head towards him. He's thinking. I know cause he has his thinking face on. "Well, I haven't been able to come up here ever since my dad passed. I never had anyone who would charish the memories I had with him here enough to bring them. I couldn't bring my mom, because her heart would hurt to much, and I thought that you might want to experinec something different. You told me you've never been outside of Florida so, I thought this would be perfect." I smile at him. At the guy that would do anything for anyone. The guy that has the kindest heart known to man. "I might have the kindest soul, but you Anten, have the kindest heart." I say. I wrap my arms around him, and he doesn't reject my hug. I don't know when I begin to cry, but I do. I do and I don't care what happens, or if I'm embarssing myself. "Merry Christmas Bri." Anten whispers softly in my ear.

"Merry Christmas Anten."

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

- Sydney (A simple story goes a long way)