6.0: Day Ten - Goodbye Mr Walsh

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" Dominic asked first, his face just as uneasy as the rest of them.

I wouldn't say I wasn't feeling the discomfort either, and it made the back of my throat taste like I was about to let out what I ate earlier that day.

"You know, it's that time," My Father mumbled under his breathe, his focus shifted towards me as he caressed his chin with his thumb, a weak smile curved just a bit at the corner of his lips as he said, "It's a little protective of me, and despite having you be put in this situation, sweetheart, I didn't want my pregnant daughter to come here."

"I am just as involved in this as anyone else, and for me to be pushed aside again would make me more annoyed than before. I deserve to know the outcome," I replied to him, trying not to furrow my brows in annoyance. It was hard convincing them to even let me hear their conversation throughout the past few days that built up to this moment, and especially Dominic, who became too protective of me due to my pregnancy with our first child. He knew about the risks of miscarriage in the early stages, and he greatly disapproved of me being around the stressful environment, but I constantly reminded him that from the very beginning, I was stressed and the possibility of getting pregnant while under all that pressure was slim - and there I was, carrying a baby.

"Okay," My Father sighed. "But be warned, Nathaniel hasn't been himself since he was taken into custody, so the sight of you may trigger an unstable attempt to lash out."

Hamish nodded and handed me a piece of paper, clearly photocopied, and explained, "That's the summarized mental analysis of Nathaniel during his time in custody, they ran that test under the request of your Father and Dominic, and judging from that, Nathaniel's pretty much a sociopath."

Sociopath. Is that the best they could come up with?

"You're not kidding are you?" I sighed.

"Unfortunately not," Hamish shrugged.

I skimmed through the words printed on the paper. There were the symptoms listed down followed by comments that Nathaniel demonstrated during their analysis. So to begin, they wrote that he was incapable of love and remorse about his loss of Janina and their first child, and from there, they wandered off to his dominance with his employees during his run as one of the top bosses of Lawler & Walsh. Their analysis had quite a bit of explanation too, like most sociopaths, for example, become angry or aggressive when their integrity is questioned, whereas a sane person would simply be happy to help clear up any misinformation or misunderstanding.

"I suppose we should get inside," Dominic spoke up, adjusting the collar and placing his hand calmly on my waist to keep me close and protected. "Let's get this over and done with."

"Yes we should," My Father nodded and led the way, he wandered ahead of us.

The walk in the court house was definitely eerie, the goosebumps shivering all over my body and the eyes of everyone made everything a lot worse, especially since a majority of them actually knew why we were there. I've wandered in here quite a few times, but the visits were not as bad as this. We met with Julia, she had a smile on her face, paper work in wrapped by her arms and her body back into that slim shape I last saw her. She greeted us, but there wasn't much time for chit chat as she opened the door to the small courtroom, it was a reasonable size and private. These were one of the rooms used for a private hearing.

Five people.

Yep, only five.

The judge, the bailiff, an FBI agents, Nathaniel and his lawyer. They were waiting, sitting there and watching us enter one by one. I tried not to look to the man's face, and as hard as I tried, he managed to make eye contact with me and his cold hazel eyes sent shivers down my spine. Dominic covered me as soon as he noticed, his brows frowned as he led me to the furthest chair we could find. My Father sat himself next to Julia, as did Hamish, at the very front.