3

KAIA laughed loudly, watching as her boyfriend threw a crouton at Leighton. The singer quickly grabbed the same crouton and chucked it back at Pete with a certain aggression that made Kaia laugh even louder.

"Pete be careful with my baby. She has a temper." Kaia kissed Leighton on the cheek, making the Butler girl flip Pete off.

"Should I take this away-" The waitress interrupted their conversation, signaling to the empty seat.

"No. They'll be here any moment." Kaia said with a smile, sharing a glance with Pete.

"Guys I told you I'm not into the dating scene right now."

"Double dates Leighton. Think about the double dates." Kaia's words echoed violently in Leighton's head.

"There's the man!" Pete shot up, pointing towards a taller guy who had bleached blonde hair. Leighton considered him attractive at first glance, smiling softly as the two boys shared a hug.

"Hey Kai." The blonde bent down and shared a short hug with the supermodel.

"I'm Colson. Leighton right?" Leighton nodded slightly, extending her hand for him to grab. His hands were rough, and covered with small tattoos. Leighton liked tattoos. His handshake was a little rough, but Leighton liked the way their hands felt together.

Colton pulled out his chair, and sat down right next to Leighton. Leighton shifted a little, not liking how he was manspreading right into her personal space.

"So this is Colson. My best buddy." Pete had a goofy smirk on his face, which made Leighton smile softly. "He sings. His name is Machine Gun Kelly." Ick.

Leighton hated singers who used some dumbass made up name, like Machine Gun Kelly. However, Leighton decided tonight she wasn't going to turn this boy down. She did that too often. Maybe it was time to open up her horizons.

LEIGHTON ended up enjoying the double date a lot more than she initially anticipated. Colson had good intentions, and for the most part he was sweet. The Butler girl didn't feel specific sparks around him, but she wasn't one to give up.

However, Leighton hated the fact that the public already had the two of them together. One picture leaked of Colson kissing her goodbye and now the internet was in shambles. This isn't how she wanted anyone to find out. She liked having control over these situations and once again the choice was taken from her.

That morning following the date, she decided to ignore the notifications on her phone, only giving the time of day to those who truly deserved it. Like her sisters. And brother.

She decided to tell them straight up, claiming that Colson was just a friend for now.

For now.

Those were her famous last words.

COLSON and Leighton stayed friends for about two weeks, but became more when Colson romantically asked Leighton to be his girlfriend after a date. He sang her a cute little song, and the two moved on with their lives.

Leighton liked Colson, she really did, but it was hard to find any intimacy between the two. And it didn't help that everyone in Leighton's life hated Colson.

He had a tendency to be mean to the Butler girl, but she was far too sweet to crack down on him.

Her sisters hated him most of all, her brother being a close second. Her fellow siblings despised the boy.

A close fourth was Kaia. Kaia hated the fact that she introduced Leighton to this toxic situation, and couldn't get her out of it. This also created tension between Pete and Kaia, because Pete loved his best friend with Leighton.