Chapter 14

Mihrişah Sultan

The day of circumcision of Şehzades Osman, Mehmed and Murad has arrived. Sultan ordered the ceremony to take place in Ibrahim Paşa's palace, as he would make a celebration with everyone who was in state politics. I arrived together with Mahienver and Halime Sultan since our children were the ones who participated in this. We entered the main chambers where Valide Sultan sat with Hatice, Hümaşah and Melek Sultan.

"Valide Sultan," I bowed to her and we all sat somewhere around the chambers. Not only us Sultanas were here, but also wives of most important statesmen because Valide wanted to make this as big celebration.

I sat there not caring what anyone else talk as my only wish today was to get rid of Ibrahim. I still haven't talked with Kemankeş, but it was maybe better even this way because he didn't know who I was and couldn't say I did that, nor anyone could see us and then make Suleiman suspicious of me.

But I tried not to look suspicious to other Sultanas, because they could easily find out I am related in this issue since I was the one because of who Suleiman is angry on Mustafa and because of who Mahidevran was banished. As her son didn't take a part in this ceremony, she wasn't allowed to come here.

Exactly at that moment Şehzade Mustafa entered those chambers and kissed the hand of Valide Sultan.

"My eldest and most brave Şehzade, come sit here next to me," she said to him and he sat on the throne together with her which wasn't usual. I just looked at Halime Sultan who exactly knew how I felt at this moment. I saw either Melek and Mahienver Sultan weren't feeling well in this moment since her words meant she obviously supports him a lot.

"I am sad my Valide is not here, she was banished because of someone's lies," Mustafa said and looked at me.

"Mustafa, my dear nephew, no one made lies about your mother but she is banished because of her behaviour," Humasah Sultan said as she was the one who never showed openly her support for Mustafa, because she still didn't support any of the princes, as it should be. Unlike Hatice Sultan who preferred Mustafa always more, even though she behaved nice towards all other of us and our children.

"She is banished because of lies of Mihrişah Sultan," Mustafa raised his voice and looked at me.

"Please calm down Şehzade," I said to him very calmly. I knew I shouldn't be upset because of words of a child who misses his mother who filled his head with various ideas.

"Who are you to order me what to do? I am prince and one day a Sultan, how can you behave like this to me? If you continue to act like this, you will be the first one to be killed when I ascend the throne," Mustafa said and everyone stayed shocked at his words.

"Mustafa you can't even think of the throne while your father is still alive. Learn some respect!" Hümaşah Sultan raised her voice on him and Valide Sultan looked at her with a look which would say don't yell on him, but actually she did what no one else even tried to.

"I am eldest son and I will ascend the throne, then everyone will bow to me and be sorry for what they did to my mother, especially all four of you Sultanas who made my mother cry," he stood up and looked at Melek, Mahienver, Halime and me with so much hate in his eyes. I couldn't believe a child has so much of hate in his life for women of his father.

Mustafa looked at us all once again before he left the main room. We all knew he is going to Ibrahim because he was the one who always supported him and made him feel like he would ascend the throne one day.