Chapter 7

Ayşe Halime Sultan

My heart was still beating fast as I held my Mehmet and Hanzade to my chest and kissed them. I couldn't believe I almost lost them.

"YOU!" Melek yelled at Mustafa as she held Demir to her chest. None of the children got injured except Demir who had a little scratch on his forehead. Poor boy.

"You did you! I know it was you who started that fire!" She cried and yelled at Mustafa. Mahidevran pushed Mustafa behind her before taking a step towards Melek.

"Melek! How dare you accuse my son!?" Mahidevran yelled back. "Who knows your son might have started the fire."

"You-"

"ENOUGH!" Süleyman yelled, making everyone silent. "All of you go to your chamber. NOW!"

I grabbed my children's hands and started walking away when the concubines let out a loud gasp. I turned around to see Melek was on the ground. What on earth is going on?

Süleyman picked her up before rushing towards me. "Halime take care of Demir." He said and I nodded hurriedly before he rushed out carrying Melek.

"Demir, Şehzadem, come." I said softly and he ran towards me. Even though I didn't like his mother or any of the other Haseki's, I have no problem with their children.

I took Demir to my chamber before telling the maids to run a bath for the children in the hammam while I bathed in the other hammam.

After we were done with cleaning we had our food and got ready for bed when Demir came to me. "Sultanam, what happened to my mother? I want to go to her." He said in a soft tone as he nervously played with his hands.

I gave him a smile before grabbing his shoulders

I gave him a smile before grabbing his shoulders. "Nothing happened to her. She'll be alright by tomorrow but today you'll stay here with your siblings. Ok?"

He nodded his head before climbing on the bed with Mehmed and Hanzade. I settled myself before Hanzade and Mehmed with Demir beside Mehmed.

Like always Mehmed and Hanzade asked for their bedtime story and I agreed. I told them 2 stories before telling them to sleep.

"Do you always get to hear stories before going to bed?" Demir asked Mehmed who nodded.

"Yes, Anne always tells us stories." He replied excitedly. "Your mother doesn't tell you stories?"

"No she doesn't. But I'll ask her to tell me next time." Demir said and I smiled at their innocence.

"Of course. And you can come here any time to listen to stories. But for now go to sleep ok?" I said and covered them with a duvet and we all fell asleep.