"Ow, why?"

"I don't know," Trey said and I felt him lay back on my bed, with past of him still on me. The weight was less on me now at a least.

"Could you let me go?!" I muffled through the blankets and he sighed and helped untangle it.

"Wow, you look like hell," Trey bluntly stated.

I huffed, "No surprise there."

"Your hair is all, disoriented.." He trailed off as he lifted a strand of my hair and made a face.

"News flash, yours is more crazy and messy than mine!"

"Correction: mine is styled."

"It looks like you had bed head."

"It's called looking sexy," Trey said as if I was stupid, "Not that you would know."

I glared at him, "Here, follow me." I said as I grabbed him by the wrist and walked down the stairs. Once we got to the front door I stopped and let go of him wrist.

"It's truly been a pleasure, really," note the sarcasm. "Oh and here's the door, so, goodbye!" I said before turning around and running back up the stairs.

Before I even got to the top, I heard the sound of the tv. I slowly turned around and silently trekked down to the living room, only to see Trey sitting on the couch.

I groaned, "I thought you were leaving."

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Cookie Monster," Trey winked as he said this. Annoyed, I went over and stood right in from of the tv, blocking it so he couldn't see it.

"Hey! Move!" He furrowed his eyebrows in irritation right before throwing a pillow at my face.

"You're mean," I told him.

"You're annoying," he said as he craned his neck to see the tv around me.

I walked away and stuck my tongue out at him since I didn't think he was watching, but he looked over at me and smirked, "I saw that."

Slightly embarrassed, I averted my glance to the mantel, where I saw a note from my parents.

Hayden,

Your father and I were called in to work around lunch time, and it doesn't look like we'll be back til about ten.

Xo,

Mom

I set the note down and sighed, today was supposed to be their day off, which meant I could go over to Claire or Lilly's house and my parents could watch Thomas.

I really love my little brother, I do, but sometimes it seems like I'm more of his parent than both my mom and my dad.

As if on cue, Thomas came dashing through the front door.

"Hayden!" He shouted in his cute little voice as he ran over to hug me.

I chuckled, "Hey Tommy! How was school?"

"It was fun," he said looking around. "Where's Mom and Dad?" His light blue eyes shone with curiosity.

I have him a small smile, "They had to go in to work."

My heart fell as I saw his face drop, "I was hoping to show them my drawing I did at school."

"Oo I want to see! I'm sure it's beautiful," I smiled at my baby brother.

His face lit up, "Okay!" Thomas exclaimed. He paused and looked very thoughtful for a moment, "Can you make me a pb&j first?"

I laughed, "Of course." We began to walk into the kitchen, but both stopped when we saw Trey sitting in our living room, looking at us with wide eyes.