Chapter 1: Eloise at The Garden State Plaza

Beginne am Anfang

"Ahhh yessss," I exclaim "U look so hot, mean it. Genuinely. Leah right," I vocally nudged her by changing the inflection of my voice and having my eyes look up at her. People want to be told they look good in the clothes they purposely buy.

Leah looked back was now sitting in the corner where she was charging her phone. She gave that smile of someone who is only saying anything to appease others, but she was doing her best. tbh I was surprised she knew who Roxy Hart was but I guess that's just iconography like Harry Potter or something. But, anyways the adult theater girlies and tourists for who hotels in New York were too expensive are my crowd. Leah's are the mean high school teenagers who thought they were slick stealing bralettes but little did they know the Leah is not scared of the people that thrived off never having faced consequences (I think the secret is black eyeliner but tbh I just cannot pull it off like Leah or Julia Fox). But my beautiful ring of women who felt safe at Free People but overwhelmed at Forever 21 and though H&M was too casj are my domain. Most also loved feeling like they could talk about Drag Race even if they have never seen it, so, in my mind, employing any vaguely related words meant higher sales. Ugh I guess I am a company girl after all. *face palm*

"Boots," agrees Leah on cue, but clothes on a rack.

"Aaaah u girls are so supportive" said the woman walking back into the dressing room. "How old are you," she closed the thick quilted curtain.

"19" I told her. Not a lie. I am :)

"24" Leah said, getting up to wipe the woman's name off her changing room door.

"O I got married at 24" the woman exclaimed (whose name was Patricia because lol ofc it was), Leah and i looked at each other with our eyes wide and our chins pulled back. Gag. Married before your quarter life crisis, could not imagine.

Patricia walked out of the dressing room holding her Roxy-Hart-Realness dress "Okay, thank you! I appreciate you ladies," she smiled.

"Of couuuurse! My name is Hollis by the way, have a great night! That dress is gonna Razzle Dazzle," I added, yeah..... Ik..... but I couldn't help myself

"Thank you!" she laughed

Leah looked at me rolling her eyes "you're so annoying"

I turned to Leah "well, you're 24 are you getting married soon?" I asked seriously sarcastically as I went into the dressing room to take out the other discarded clothing my girl Patty left.

"O yeah, didn't y'know, look at my ring" she said just as dryly holding out her hand.

"So beautiful, is it Watermelon or Strawberry flavored," I asked mockingly, handing her the clothes (I did genuinely hand her the clothes, but I mockingly responded to her).

Putting clothing back on hangers, "but I've also never seen Chicago, so maybe that's why I'm not married," Leah responded.

"That's on you," I said, helping her. There were a lot of clothes after cleaning out the room, and we worked very slowly and incompitently because we care about our jobs! "Chicago is fierce... musical and movie, both puhfect. But tbh the movie gives more to me."

"O wait no, i have seen that!" she responded almost excitedly (well, exciting to me to ever get her to ever care about something enough to talk out of one octave) "Catherine zeta jones is in it right"

"Lol yes! Im p sure she won her Oscar for that." she totally did win an Oscar for it, but sometimes I don't want to fully show how much I know about things no one else in the conversation cares about.

"Yo, ngl i love her, she posts some weird ass instagram videos and im obsessed," she laughed. We were kinda just standing there at this point, but it was a week day so the crowds were not there anyways "Casa zeta jones though," she continued "also important to her brand"