11

The Runaway
Chapter
11

"Call Me By Your Name"

♡︎

Charlotte wondered how she got here. Well she knew how she got to Small Heath and why but how did she get here exactly?

How did she get to this point of annoyance and intrigue for a single man she hadn't even been properly introduced to. A steel eyed man who ran all of Birmingham who she was meant to serve drinks to on a regular basis. A man who she had just met a mere few nights ago and couldn't help but think about since, every night before she went to bed and every morning after she woke up. He intrigued her more than she liked to admit after their first meeting and she couldn't understand why. And she hated it.

     Why did his eyes on her send fire through her veins, pulling her in while simultaneously making her want to run in the other direction. Why couldn't she get that broken-hearted look he held as she sang nights ago, out of her head? A look that was so different than the cold and calculated look he wore before.

So yes, Charlotte was wondering how she got here as the said man, Thomas Shelby, opened the snug window doors to order a bottle with three glasses.

Harry asked Charlotte to handle it despite being a bit nervous about how their next interaction would go after what occurred in his bar a few nights ago. He just hoped they didn't start arguing again.

Charlotte grabbed three glasses and a bottle of Irish Whiskey, guessing that his brothers would be joining him later. She walks into the snug, setting the glasses and bottle down.

"Will that be all Mr. Shelby?" Charlotte asks in a neutral voice. Trying to remain indifferent to him despite her fascination to know more.

Tommy glances at her with a cigarette hanging from his lips as he ignores her tone, "so you do know who I am then, 'eh?" He pulls out his matches.

He thinks back to when they first met and how she was treating him as if he was just another patron at the bar. He lights his cigarette with a match taking an inhale.

"Yes I know who you are though we didn't get to formal introductions the other night." Charlotte holds out her hand also remembering the night they met. How surprised she was after the fact that she left with her life still intact after how disrespectful she was.

"I'm Charlotte Moore, though I'm sure you've heard all about me from your family if not my own." She gives him a blank look despite her anxiousness.

Tommy looks from her face to her outstretched hand, then back to her face again with the same blank look she held. He then stands and takes her hand into his own ignoring how smooth and soft her skin is compared to his, shaking it.

"Thomas Shelby," he gives no indication that he knew who she was but she knew that he did.

"Thomas Shelby," Charlotte repeats his name softly like a whisper as she drops his hand. Trying to not think about the lingering feeling of his calloused hands against her own. The warmth clinging to her skin.