Chapter 6: The Engagement

Start from the beginning

    "Kavya, shhh!" Nidhi scolded, putting her index finger on her lips.

    Thank God she did that or else Kavya is the type of person who would go rambling on forever.

    I comforted Shivi as she was still wiping her eyes. I hoped her mascara wouldn't smear all over her face after all the wiping.

    "By the way Shraddha, you're looking drop dead gorgeous," Nidhi complimented.

    "Yeah, yeah, of course," Kavya added. "Who is the one who suggested the lehenga?"

    Of course she would drag herself into this.

    "Ms. Kavya made me buy this lehenga and I must say that it is very flattering," I answered.

    Kavya patted herself on the back.

    "And our Mr. Vijay Awasthi Jijaji is probably not going to stop staring at you," Kavya chirped.

    "Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes. This time it was physical though.

    "Girls, come on, we have to be there by 7, so get yourselves down here," Maa yelled.

    All of climbed down the stairs⎯more like I stumbled down the stairs with my long heels. I hated long heels. I could barely walk in them, but I had to wear them with this lehenga or else the bottom of the lehenga would be dragging along the floor when I walked. The four of us got into one car because my "besties" insisted that they needed to hear all of the details about my future husband. Meanwhile, Shivi couldn't stop saying sentimental things about our favourite games when we were young and my stuffed animals that we all named together. She was getting way too emotional.

    "Oh. My. God. Does Vijay have any handsome friends?" Kavya asked.

    Even though I was sitting in the front seat beside the driver, I could picture her eyes turning to big saucers. I face-palmed. This girl is never going to get any better. The simp in her is going to stay there forever.

    "Answer me na Radha," she pleaded.

    "I don't know Kavya, I literally met him this morning for the first time in ages," I added.

    This was going to be worthless.

    "What if I search him up?"

    This girl is going to get crazier by the second.

    "Kavya, you will do nothing like that," Nidhi scolded.

    Thank Bhagvanji for Nidhi, she was the "mom" in our group. I looked at Shivi through the rectangular mirror in the front. She was blabbering things nonstop while Kavya kept insisting on searching Vijay up on Google. I smiled. Even though our friend group was beyond chaotic, they were just like my family and had gone through all the ups and downs in my life. I couldn't be more thankful to Bhagvan for giving me friends like these.

    "Vijay, don't move, I'm coming right back with your wrist watch," bhabhi ordered and then ran down the stairs to exit my bedroom.

    "Bhabhi, don't worry and careful," I added.

    I didn't want anyone falling and breaking their ankle before my engagement. Not that I cared about my engagement a lot. I wasn't too fond of marrying Shraddha Basu, but at least I would get a pretty wife.

    Breaking my thoughts, my phone rang somewhere in the bedroom. I quickly jumped down the stairs and tried searching for my phone. It was ringing loudly somewhere downstairs. I walked nearer to hear where the sound was coming from and then eventually found out that my phone was in the bathroom.