Goodbye | 28

Chapter 28

                   Cora's Point of View

The scent of musk and vanilla overwhelmed me as my body woke up shivering. Nolan's fan was on full blast towards the bed, and I sat up with my eyes half opened. I rubbed them aggressively as I turned to my side.
Nolan was nowhere to be found.

I squinted my eyes in confusion. Where are you?

I pulled the blankets off of me, realizing I was still naked from the night before. I glanced over to the door to see it was still closed. Thank god. I grabbed a pair of his shorts and the hoodie from last night before shutting the fan off and leaving the room.
I raced downstairs, and luckily caught Gran as she was about to leave.

"Cora, good morning," she said hesitantly.

She definitely knows something I don't.

"Good morning, do you know where Nolan is?" I asked impatiently.

She just shook her head and opened the door.

"I'm sure he'll call you," she reassured me, before walking out.

What the fuck is going on?

I walked into the kitchen where I had left my phone. I picked it up and unlocked it.
No messages from Nolan.
No missed calls from Nolan.

I shook my head. I shouldn't worry, right? He wouldn't just leave me after a night like last night, right?

I dialled his number and waited.

It ringed.
And ringed.
And ringed.
And ringed.

No answer.

I scoffed.

He just...left.

                                         ♥︎♥︎♥︎

Nolan was a no-show for school as well.
I waited patiently every period, hoping he'd walk in with a ground breaking explanation that would take away this feeling I had in my chest. Something was wrong. I knew it.

Gran kept reassuring me he was safe, but wouldn't tell me anything else. She was clearly covering for him. I think I called him a thousand times since that morning. It had been four days since I last saw him. Four days since he abandoned me, naked, in his bed, after he took my virginity.

I lost hope more and more after each day passed. No one else in the group had heard from him either. Daniel tried to comfort me loads of times, but it wasn't working.
I felt used. He took a piece of me away, and then left me here with no contact whatsoever.

Maybe I was being a tad dramatic, but everything in my heart told me Nolan would never do something like this to me. That's why I knew something was wrong. I knew there was a piece that was missing, and someone knew the truth.

I was sitting in the living room with a cup of tea. Mom was doing dishes in the kitchen, and Daniel was sitting across from me. Just, staring.

"What?" I finally snapped.

He shot out of his trance and adjusted in his seat.

"Sorry," he simpered. "I'm just...worried. About you."

I shrugged and put my mug down. I stared blankly into the distance as he continued examining my body language.

"He didn't say anything to you before he disappeared?" He asked for the millionth time.
"No, Daniel. He didn't. He just left," I groaned.