𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Season 1 Episode 8The Search For Something More

Season 1 Episode 8
The Search For Something More

"What do you think of Britney Spears?" Lizzie asked Kyle as she shuffled through the records,

"I don't know, I'm more of a Beyoncé fan myself." Kyle stated, making Lizzie giggle.

Kyle looked over to the entrance when he heard the bell ring and saw a familiar letterman jacket wearing guy start walking over to them. Kyle lightly nudged Lizzie which made her follow his line of direction and have her eyes land on the Scott boy.

"Do you want me to stay?" Kyle offered as Nathan came closer towards the pair,

"No, I've got this." Lizzie assured,

Kyle walked away just as Nathan approached Lizzie, "I've been trying to find you all morning."

"Mission accomplished." Lizzie mumbled, barely looking up from the records.

"Look, I had no idea that Brooke had read the note, I didn't even know there was a note until later." Nathan admitted, "I never meant to embarrass you or your friends."

Lizzie sighed, looking up at him, "Thank you for saying that."

Nathan smiled, "So we're cool? Because, there's this great movie playing tonight at the-"

"Whoa, hold on." Lizzie told him, holding a hand up to silence him, "I never said we were cool."

"You don't believe me?" Nathan assumed, his smile falling.

"No, I do. I believe that you're sorry and I'm glad that you're taking responsibility for your actions but I can't trust you." Lizzie sighed, "I'll still tutor you if you need me to, but that's all I can do. I'm sorry."

"What do you want me to do, Lizzie? Tell me what I can do to make this right. Please." Nathan pleaded as he lightly grabbed onto her hands,

Lizzie looked down at their hands and as much as it pained her to do it, she pulled her hands out of his grasp, "You wanna know what you can do? You can leave me alone."

~~~~~~~~~~

Lizzie was refilling the salt and pepper shakers as it was her first shift at Karen's Cafe and since it wasn't that busy, Karen had put her on refilling duty.

Brooke entered the cafe hoping to find her sister, she found her at one of the back tables, she slowly walked over to her with a hesitant smile on her face.