chapter 16 | LaNgUaGe!!

Darryl POV
"Darryl..?" I hear a voice call me from the library. "Hmph?" I mumble in confusion, I came to the library to escape from what's going on at home at the moment. I turn around and look at my fellow surroundings, I saw no one but a chunk of recognisable black fluffy hair hiding behind a bookshelf "Zak?!" I exclaim.

"What are you doing here?!" I call out under my breath, but trying to be as quiet as possible at the same time. "Math finals duh." Zak rolls his eyes jokingly. "Well, What are you doing here, you can't leave the house right?" Zak scoffs, making his way towards me. He's obviously still pretty mad at me. "Are you still mad at me?" I ask, hoping the answer would be something along the lines of the word no. "Well I guess you were being kinda bitchy-" "LANGUAGE!!" I cut him off, "Don't you "LaNgUaGe" me." Zak mimics me. "What were you gonna say?" I speak, completely done with his muffiness.

"What I was gonna say that is.. I'm sorry, I guess. I just want everything to go back to normal, us being friends.." Zak sighs. "I forgive you Zak." I smile, grabbing Zak's hands and giggling slightly — Zak's cheeks start to puff up again. I let go of his hands, "Is something wrong?"

Zak's cheeks immediately Inflated back to normal "No no! Nothing at all, it's just that uhm.." The ravenette scratches the back of his neck, looking down to the floor after. I tilt my head "Uh- okay? See you later." I stammer, walking away and going back home shortly after.

~~~

I laid on my stomach, kicking my legs back and forth, my toes hitting the beds mattress then my heels touching my bottom. All of a sudden I hear my phone ringing under my pillow. I quickly reach for it and see Zak's name dialling my phone. "Hey." I hear the other voice trail it's way to my speaker. "Hi." I reply. "I miss you." Zak says, I can hear the smile in his voice. I hesitate for a moment, is this weird to say this to your friend you've seen hours ago? "I miss you too Zak." I finally let the words slip off from the top of my tongue.

"Do.. wanna talk?" Zak asks, this is unusual — Zak would of just start talking when the call starts, no 'hello's' or 'how are you's" just straight to the topic. "Zak, why are you acting like this?" I scoff, "Huh?" He asks. "Your not acting the same." I run my fingers through my brunette hair. "Sorry.." Zak breathes. "Its fine, continue."