chapter 4 | emerald eyes and pale skin

Zak POV
As soon as the door got closed on me I left. I wonder why he was in such a rush, what an unusual family. I walked back home after I finally ran out of all the flyers.

"I'M HOME!" I shout, hoping someone would hear it. I look at the couch to see my sister sitting down on it. "Hey" she looks up at me, sipping on her juice box filled with orange juice. "Hey." I wave, I run upstairs then into my room. My room was planned out nicely, I had a single bed placed in the top right corner horizontally and a walk in wardrobe. The rest of the room was filled in with some stupid stuff, like for example : my books, a record player and most importantly. My guitar. I like to write and play songs with it.

I sneeze into my hands without hesitation, "Yuck." I sniffle to myself. I got a tissue and wiped my hands and my noses, I rubbed in some blackberry scented glitter hand sanitiser into my hands shortly after.

I pulled out my sketchbook and started to draw portrait of a person made up. Brunette silky hair, black rimmed glasses, beautiful emerald eyes and pale skin. As soon as I finished colouring in the drawing with my new markers I backed up from the drawing, taking a farther look away from it, sometimes the drawing looks better when u do this.

After staring at it for a few seconds I tilt my head, that looks just like that one kid. Darryl. But why would I draw him? He has a really rude attitude.

I decided to just forget about it. I leaned far back in my office chair, too far, I fell over on my back. Causing me to hit my head "FUCK!" I shout in my pain, standing up. Rubbing the top of my head in the aching spot. I rolled my chair back on its legs and sat back down in it.

I pull out my new iPhone 8 (this story is set a few years back from 2022) and started to text my friends back in Texas.

You :
Lya, What happened at school today?

Lya :
The teachers had a fight lol, it was physical too! 😆

You :
Gosh I miss out on the worse things, did someone record it?

Lya :
Yeah I'm pretty sure Cara filmed it, you can ask her for the deets.

You :
Kk bye best friend, i miss youu.

Lya :
Cya Zak.

~

"DAMN!" I shout at my phone, Mr Plain was punching Mr Rad for talking shit about his fiancé. It got worse every punch, I heard they both got fired, which sucks. Mr Plain was the ONLY decent teacher that we had at school.

I'm scared about starting a new high school here in Michigan, my life was already hard enough back in Texas.

Tomorrow I'll be packing my bags and walking inside the doors of the worst rated high school in Michigan.

500 words