21 | S.O.S

"Why would he be opening gates?" Dustin questioned, the three of them moving to another room. "To take over the world." Lucas finished, Dustin nodding and humming in agreement. "Who do we know that wants to take over the world?" he asked Lucas now getting the message. "The mind flayer." Lucas remembered. "So, if the Demogorgon was just his foot soldier, Vecna's his five star general. with the power to open gates." he stated both of them now freaking out. "Holy shit" they said at the same time getting excited. "Holy shit that was incomprehensible. You lost me at "mother gate" please be kind and rewind." Erica asked, the boys nodding.
—————
"Might be time to get a maid wheeler." Robin joked, looking around the house. "Come on, I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." Nancy ordered, walking up the stairs. The group followed, Steve stopping as he heard Dustin's voice, Y/n doing the same. Nancy opened her wardrobe, reaching for the boxes at the top. She opened the box, confused when she saw pair of baby pink kitten heels inside. "Those aren't guns." Eddie commented, just as confused. "These heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile." Robin rambled. "Maybe you left them somewhere else?" Eddie suggested, Nancy immediately disagreeing. "There's a six year old in the house, I know where I keep my guns." she retorted.

 "Also, I threw these away years ago. these are from sophomore chemistry, and this...this wallpaper. This is old wallpaper. And this mirror, this went to a yard sale, and I gave this toy to cousin Joanna two years ago." she stated, spotting her diary and opening it, finding the last written on page. "I think the reason that my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet. This diary should be full of entries, it's not. The last entry is November 6, 1983. The day will went missing. The day the gate opened, we're in the past." she finished, all of them looking at something before turning to the door where they heard Steve and Y/ns calls.

"Dustin! Dustin!" Steve yelled, the group running down the stairs towards them. "Can you hear us? Dustin!" Y/n shouted, sighing as they got no response. "Du... hello? hell...hello?" Steve called. "Maybe they really do have rabies." Robin commented. gaining looks from Eddie and Nancy. "Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked, flinching as he blinded the three with his torch. "He's here, my little shit of a brother. He's here. He's like...in the walls or something. Just listen. Dustin." Y/n explained, waiting for him to speak again. The three all looked at each other as they heard Dustin's voice echo throughout the room.

—————-

"How and why is there a gate at Lover's lake? Let's analyse. What do Eleven and Vecna have in common?" he asked, Lucas and Erica watching Dustin pace back and forth. "Dustin? Dustin!" the group all called, walking in between the rooms. "Will found a way." Y/n reminded, all of them turning to face them. "What?" Steve questioned. "Will. He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights." Nancy finished, walking over to the lamp and tried to turn it on, the lamp not budging. "Guys? You seeing this?" Steve asked, pointing his torch at the chandelier, the energy glowing. Y/n put their hand in, watching as it glowed lighter. "Woah..." Eddie said, the rest of them walking over. As Y/n pulled their hand away, the light got dimmer. They all reached their hands in, lighting up a light bulb each, shining brighter than normal. "It... tickles." Steve commented, pulling a face at the feeling. "Does anyone know morse code?" Y/n asked, pulling their hand back down. "Wait, does SOS count? Is that...is that good?" Eddie questioned, all of them nodding.

"So, our working theory is that vecna makes remote contact from his attic. We don't know why, we assume he can do it from anywhere." Dustin says, noticing Erica wasn't paying attention and sitting down right next to her. "Are you even listening to me?" he questioned, huffing at her. "Yeah, I'm listening, it's just...you said you followed Vecna through lights, right?" Erica asked, walking over to the chandelier. "Yeah, why?" Dustin questioned, watching her curiously. "Because I think he's here." she mentioned, brining both boys attention to the lights that were flashing in front of their very eyes. "S. O. S." Dustin whispered, watching the pattern the chandelier was glowing in. "Hey, uh, remember when I said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through Watergate?" Dustin said, turning around to face erica and Lucas. "Yeah?" Lucas asked, having a feeling he knew what was coming.

"I overestimated them."