15 | The Creels

"Nope." Eddie said, opening the draw and shutting it, searching for some decent food for him to eat. He found a can of food in the shelf, checking it was still in date. "Yeah, you'll do." he snorted, opening the can of spaghettio's and cooking it on the hob. He sat down once they were cooked, wasting no time before eating them, being careful to finish it as quick as he could in case he had to hide. "Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the banished. You there? Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin?" Eddie sang as Nancy woke up, both moving to the walkie-talkie. "Hey, it's Nancy." she spoke softly, responding to Eddie's persistent calls. "Wheeler! Hey, um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the real world." he joked, Nancy chuckling and shaking her head as she looked at Y/n. "no, no, no, no. Don't do that. Just stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can, I promise." they assured him, playing with the hem of their shirt.

"Listen, um...can you pick me up a six-pack? I know, it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a... cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." he requested, Nancy nodding and looking at the sofa, realising Max was gone. "Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back." Nancy told him, moving to Dustin. Y/n woke up as she shook Dustin, disturbing their slumber. "No, don't you dare. Wheeler? Wheeler!" Y/n heard Eddie say, picking up the walkie-talkie. "Dustin! wake up! Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?" she questioned as he rubbed his eyes and stretched. "Yep, yep, yep. Sorry." he apologised, Nancy huffing at him. "Okay, then where is she?" she questioned, standing up. "She's right there. A second ago. I swear I just dozed off for...an hour." he huffed. They both stood up, walking into the kitchen.

"Eddie? You still there?" Y/n called, twisting the ring on their hand. "Y/n/n! Thank God someone at least wants to talk to me." he said, making Y/n chuckle. "How's everything been? You, okay?" he asked wearily, playing with his hair. He glanced out the window every now and then making sure no one was watching. "Well, we found a solution to Vecna that managed to stop his attack, and I'll explain the rest when we come over. Sinclair is back, but..." they told him, biting their tongue and debating whether to tell him or not. "But what? Who got attacked? It wasn't you or Dustin, was it?" he questioned, Y/n confirming it was neither them nor their brother.

"They sighed before deciding to tell him the bad news as Nancy came walking in. "Lucas said Jason and some of the others are out to find you...he didn't say where you were or anything as he led them somewhere else so he's most likely screwed if they see him again but...please just be safe?" they said quietly, making sure the others didn't know they were telling him. "Shit, okay, I'll try to lay low. I'll keep you updated." he said as y/n hummed, letting him know that they heard him. "I have to go now, stay safe Eds." they said, waiting for a response before closing the walkie talkie and following the others.

"I'll try."

-------------------

They all glanced up at the isolated house, looking at each other unsure. They walked up the steps, heading towards the bordered up door. "Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve commented, picking up a hammer that was left lying around, trying to get the wood off. "What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Y/n questioned, helping Steve pull the planks off. "we're not sure, we just know this house is important to Vecna." Nancy informed, Steve rolling his eyes. "Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" he questioned, muttering a 'great' as Nancy nodded. "Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin suggested, glancing at his friend. "We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas questioned, feeling uneasy. "Guess we'll find out." Max commented.

They pushed the plank off, revealing the door. Max's face dropping as she heard the familiar voice call out her name, the event replaying in her mind. Steve pulled on the doorknob and twisted it, the door not budging a single bit. "It's locked." he announced, Dustin sighing and looking up at him. "Should I knock, see if anybody's home?" Steve joked, looking for things to do. "No need, I found a key." Robin called, holding a brick up to show the others. Y/n stood with the kids, silently making sure they were okay while Robin launched the brick at the door, smashing the glass pane. Steve reached his hand in, feeling for the doorknob, twisting it and unlocking the door once he found it. The door screeching as it was pushed open, Steve walking in first. Lucas walked over to the old lamp, covered in cobwebs and pulled the string, the lamp (obviously) not turning on. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill." he joked, Dustin pulling out the flashlight.

"Where'd everyone get those?" Steve wondered, seeing everyone had one in their hands but him. "Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child." Y/n asked, turning around and looking at him like he was dumb. "Back pocket." Dustin said, pulling his backpack off and passing it to Steve who took the flashlight out, dumping the bag on the floor. "They just left everything." Nancy said, looking in the living room with Robin. She looked around, scanning the area. "I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value." Robin joked, Nancy glaring at her making Robin clear her throat.

"Hey, guys? You all see that, right?" Max asked, shining her flashlight and the tall grandfather clock, stood in the hallway. "Yeah." they all responded, looking at Max. Y/n walked over, looking at Max. "Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Y/n asked, Max having flashbacks to the time she saw it in school. "I mean it's...just a clock, right?" Robin stated, walking closer to it. She wiped her hand along the glass, removing the dust. "Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's, like, a clockmaker or something?" Steve said, Dustin snorting at his idea, covering it up by coughing. "I think you cracked the case, Steve." he joked, walking forwards.

"All I know is, those answers are here. Somewhere. Okay, everyone stays in groups of two or three. Robin, upstairs." Nancy instructed, walking up the stairs as Robin followed closely behind. "Come on, let's go." Max said, tapping Lucas and walking a different direction. Dustin smiled at Steve, Y/n laughing as Steve sighed. "Was that a sigh?" Dustin asked, glaring as Steve walked past and up the stairs. "No, I did not sigh." he lied, not looking back at him. Dustin was not buying it, following after with Y/n behind him.

"Why'd you sigh?" Dustin interrogated, Steve sucking his cheek in. "I didn't sigh. Just come on, Hendersons." he carried on, still not making Dustin give up. "I heard you too." Y/n instigated, earning a glare and a middle finger from Steve. "W... We're just always a group, okay?" he admitted, Dustin taking the comment to heat. "What, you have a problem with that?" Dustin said, Y/n pressing a hand to his back comfortingly, knowing he was a bit hurt by Steve's comment. "It'd just be nice to, I don't know mix it up a bit." Steve defended. Y/n zoned them out, looking at the lights that started flickering and made a mental note of it.

Eddie hurried to the window, looking out for the car he heard pulling up, his heart dropping as he saw Jason and his friends inside. He ducked down as Jason got out, clenching the crow bar in his hand. "Shit, shit." Eddie whispered, climbing into the boat stored in the boat house. "Hey Dustin, you there? It's Eddie. You remember me, right?" Eddie spoke, clutching on to the walkie-talkie. "Hey guys, my flashlights dead, I need to get a new one." Y/n said as they got to the top, the boys nodding as they ran down the stairs, walking to the backpack. "Hey, if anyone's there, I really think I might be in a bit of trouble here." Okay? Wheeler? Anybody?! Eddie growled, hoping to get a response. Y/n's eyes widened, picking the walkie-talkie up. "Hey, hey, hey, it's me, Y/n. What's wrong?" They spoke back. "Jason and that have pulled up, they know I'm here." Eddie told them, y/n internally groaning and panicking.

Shit.