2 | The meeting

Y/n looked around before heading into the forest which sat behind the track at the back of the school, people rarely ever going there. It was their quiet place - where they went for some much needed alone time. They sat down, pulling their pad out and started drawing, doodling random ideas that came to them while they played music from their Walkman, loud enough for them to hear but also quiet enough for them to be able to hear if there were any voices that were nearby. As if on que, they heard footsteps approaching them and then a voice.

 "Henderson!" they said rather loudly, causing them to flinch and shout a little, turning around and feeling relieved it was only Eddie. "Woah, hey, hey, hey. Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." he chuckled, before stopping and turning serious. "You okay?" he questioned as Y/n nodded to assure him. They sat back down, Eddie following and sitting opposite, placing his box down. "There's, uh...there's nothing to worry about, okay? No one ever comes out here. We're safe. I promise." he comforted as y/n nodded. "Thanks Eddie, I know, I normally come out here to get away from everyone, for a bit of peace and quiet, you know?" they told him as he hummed in agreement, his smile fading.

"Hey, uh, just give me the word and I'll walk away." he said softly, resting his head on his hand and grabbing his box. "No, it's fine, I don't want you to go." they said at once, slightly unsure of where it came from. They sat in a comfortable silence, Eddie quietly debating whether to smoke or not but pushing the box away from him to be less tempted. "Do you ever feel like you're losing your mind?" Y/n asked out of nowhere, carrying on drawing. Eddie tilted his head and smiled softly. "Uhm...you know just...on a daily basis." he joked. "I mean, I feel like I'm losing my mind right now sat out here with Y/n Henderson, the royal of Hawkins High." he teased, gaining a chuckle from them. "You know, this isn't the first time we've, um...hung out. The cafeteria earlier doesn't count either." he added. Y/n looked at him in confusion, eyebrows furrowed. "No?" they asked, head tilted as they desperately tried to remember when it was. "You don't remember?" he asked, pretending to sad and a frown appearing on his face. "I'm sorry. I-" they tried to apologise as he cut them off. "That's okay." he assured.

He faked having a heart attack, falling onto the floor making them shout. "I wouldn't remember me either, y/n." he admitted, getting up and leaning over the table. "Honestly, do I have stuff in my hair?" he asked, Y/n shaking their head no and laughing at him. "You don't remember me?" he grinned, arms folded on his chest. "I'm sorry!" they defended, grinning back at him and pulling their headphones off. "Middle school, talent show. You were doing this cheer thing with your friends...you know, the thing you did." he said, mimicking the pom poms. "It was pretty cool, actually. And I... I was with my band." he reminded, y/n's face lighting up. "Corroded Coffin! Oh my God! Yes, of course, with a name like that, how could I forget?" they said, Eddie fist bumping the air. "Yes! You do remember!" he chuckled, looking at them. "I dunno, you're a freak, Henderson." he teased, making them scoff. They looked at him, mainly at his hair trying to remember.

"No, you just...you looked so..." they paused, trying to think of the words. "Different? Yeah, well, uh, my hair was buzzed, and I didn't have these sweet old tatties yet." he said, pulling his shirt down slightly. "You played guitar, right?" Y/n asked, getting the story straight. "Uh-huh. Still do, still do. You should come see us. Uh, we play at the hideout on Tuesdays, it's pretty cool. We...we actually get a crowd of about five...drunks." he admitted making Y/n giggle. "It's not exactly the Garden, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So" he told, Y/n agreeing. "You know, you're not what I thought you'd be like." Y/n confessed as he played with his long, dark brown curls. "Mean and scary?" he wondered, y/n humming in agreement. "Yeah, well, I actually kinda thought you'd be mean and scary too." he said leaning over the table. "Terrifying. Plus, I'm surprised you're talking to me, you know, 'the freak' since everyone loves you and you're welcoming to everyone." he mumbled.

They smirked, holding their Walkman up to him to see the Metallica cassette inside. "We're more similar than you think, Eddie." they confessed as he beamed even more. "You're interesting you know that, more than your brother. Might have to keep you around." he said, both their hearts fluttering. "I'd like that..." they answered, heart missing a beat as they locked eyes. "In other good news, flattery works with me, so...I'll buy a round of drinks when you come to see my band, yeah? Robbing me blind here, you know." he asked as they nodded. "You have yourself a deal, Munson. Anyways, I should probably get going, Dustin's probably looking for me. I'll see you soon?" they finished, Eddie still smiling like a mad man. "Yeah, see you soon, y/n." he said softly, taking the paper they held out to him and waving goodbye as Y/n headed back towards the school. He felt a fuzzy feeling swarm his body as he gazed at the paper, a sketch of him smiling with a bit of writing at the bottom.

Here's my number, call me sometime ;) - y/n