Dad...

Once waking up, Ashley got changed and headed with Jay to work. It was another normal day afterall.

Jay had of course moved into Ashley's home, so it made everything so much easier

Either way, it was a paperwork day, so they just sat doing their paperwork.

She was interupted by her phone ringing half way through. So she picked it up and put it to her ear.

"Detective Rhodes." She spoke.
"Hey, Ash, it's me Connor. Dad's here at the hospital. I don't know what's wrong with him yet. He's asking for you." He stated.
"I'll be there in fifteen." She stated, hands shaking as she hung up, pulling on her coat.

"Rhodes, whats wrong?" Voight asked, walking out of his office.
"Brother called, dad's in hospital." She stated.
"Halstead, drive her. Her hands are shaking too quickly, it's worrying. She cant drive like that." Voight explained.
"Already on it." Jay stated, as he and Ashley ran out to the car before driving to the hospital.

The visit was short and nothing was changed.

Then on Connors birthday, she returned to the hospital.
She walked into her dad's room, which was quite large but she just walked over.
"Morning dad." She spoke, sitting down. "Connor visited?" He asked.
"He came to talk." He smiled.

She spent time with her dad seeing as Hank was giving her time off of work to watch her dad. She'd been off over a week now, full pay. She didn't want to be with her dad. But Connor was working.. Claire (Her sister) was also away. So he needed some company. She couldn't just leave him alone with his condition. Even he didn't deserve it.

Ashley was forced out of the room as dad began to... Well die. Connor rushed in a minute later. She walked in after hearing Connor crying.

"Time of death, 17:42." Ava Bekker spoke.
Ashley instantly rushed to her brother, hugging him tight as the siblings cried. Their dad was laid there...Dead.

"They tried, Connor..." She sighed, tears still falling.
"I know...I know..." He sobbed, his face against her neck. He was bent over to reach her.

They cried together for a bit, just sat with their father.
Connor soon cheered up a bit deciding he should go and talk to his friend. He turned to her.

"Have Jay pick you up and take you home... Your not driving in your state." He told her before leaving.
She went down to Jay who had been waiting, talking with his brother downstairs.

Will turned to her.
"How is he?" Will asked.
"Out of pain..." She sighed.
"Oh god...I'm so sorry..." Jay spoke, pulling her into a hug.
"Get her home Jay." Will stated to his little brother.
"I will..." Jay sighed and guided his girlfriend to the car. He phoned Voight saying she'd need atleast a day more off seeing as her dad was now...Not with her.