The Night Issue

It had been weeks later and another day that she was passed out asleep.

She was awoke not too long after 2:32am.It was by the appartment building's alarm was going off. She instantly grabbed her badge and gun before running out of the building.

"What's going on?" She asked one of the building's manager.
"Gun shot was heard before a woman on the first floor was found dead." She explained.
"I'm going in." She stated before rushing to the appartment room.

The woman was a girl, who was Ashley's age

The woman was a girl, who was Ashley's age. She had been shot once through the head.

"Police are here. We called around 5 minutes ago. They got here quick." A woman told her.
"They're my team. Don't worry. Send them in." Ashley told them.

A minute later most of the team walked inside the room.
"Are you hurt?" Voight asked instantly.
"No. I'm up three floors. Didn't even hear. She was shot in the head. A few stuff has been stolen." She explained.

She explained everything she knew, but after a bit, the detectives got up together in Ashley's appartment. She handed each of them something to drink.

"Ashley, I don't think it's safe for you to stay here for tonight." Voight explained.
"It's fine. I've always got my gun beside me. It's also probably an aimed attack. Or even worse, just a one time thing." She explained.

They decided to let her stay there but phone if anything was to happen.

They spent the day investigating before everyone was sent home around midnight.

Ashley changed into a new outfit before getting into her bed.

She was woken up again pretty early that night by the same alarm

She was woken up again pretty early that night by the same alarm. She put her badge on her PJ pants, which was pretty easy since all of her pants had a small holder. She then grabbed her gun before rushing to where people were crouded inside.

"Sorry, not even police are aloud in yet. Till we know it's safe." The woman spoke.
"It's not going to be safe till police see. Move." Ashley spat. She walked in and checked the room. No one was there so she went over to the body. Another female, her age. She grabbed out her phone instantly.

"Hey this is Detective Ashley Rhodes. Shots have been fired at my appartment, same as yesterday. Yesterday, bullet through the head. Today, bullet through the head." She explained. She then grabbed some paper from the side and a pen. Writing down notes about the death.

"Detective. Another body was found dead. Bullet through the head. It's the other appartment on this floor." A woman explained.

She nodded and checked out the other appartment. Another dead female. Her age once again. A bullet through her head like the other 2.

Soon her team arrived. She was asking one of the neighbours from downstairs if they saw anything. But she then she rushed upstairs to the coridoor in the middle of the two rooms.

Instantly Jay rushed over.
"Everyone's meeting up outside." Jay explained. She nodded and followed.

"Rhodes, your not returning to your room tonight. Each of the girls being killed are your age and gender. They're not going for older or males. So your probably next. Therefore, your staying with someone else. Jay, your letting her stay at yours." Voight explained.

Jay was putting his jacket over Ashley so he instantly looked at Voight.
"I don't mind. But it could have been her tonight. If the alarm didn't rind as soon as someone heard the fire... Ashley could be dead right now." Jay explained.

"I'll go up and grab her a bag of clothes. Need anything else, Ash?" Adam asked.
"Shoes..." She mumbled, hugging Jay's jacket closer to her.
Adam nodded before running off inside.

As soon as Adam returned with a bag. Voight told the team to go and rest and they would sort out the situation later on.

Jay and Ashley drove to Jay's house before they went straight to bed. Jay once again sleeping on the sofa.