Running into Trouble

Jill woke up the next morning after her night out with Mike with far too much energy. She supposed that she was feeling a little pent up after the day before. Jill knew that she was certainly annoyed with Mike; he was a nice friend, and she was upset that he risked ruining that friendship. She hoped that he could be normal around her. Hell, she hoped that she could be normal around him.

The worst part was she had felt it coming. She knew he'd ask her to go for drinks at some point, and she had tried to stall for as long as she could. She had even tried for weeks to make it obvious that she didn't have feelings for him. Jill just couldn't understand men. She supposed that she had been drawn to them in some degree, but only as friends and never romantically. Then again, it wasn't as though she had much luck in the love department as it was. Relationships just sucked.

Then, of course, there was her incident later that night. She had made it to the toilet for once during an emergency, but she was grumpy about that, too.

Not wanting to wallow around in bed, Jill decided that she needed to do something about all of her energy before she found herself bouncing around the house. The best way, she decided, was to actually bounce out of her house and go on a run. With her decision made, Jill hopped out of bed to get dressed and make a healthy breakfast.

The moment Jill stood up, gravity made itself known and alerted her to her bladder that apparently decided to wake up a little later than herself. Jill decided to ignore her need for the moment as a new idea crept into her head, but she pushed the thought aside for the moment. She decided to change her order for the day and decided to have breakfast first before changing into her running clothes.

Jill spent her walk downstairs to the kitchen debating on what she would make before ultimately deciding on a refreshing smoothie. Even though she didn't have a drop of alcohol, she couldn't deny that a smoothie would make her happy to have. She opened her freezer and grabbed whatever frozen fruits she could possibly need, apparently having a theme. Anything that had the color red was going to make its way into her breakfast. She tossed the fruit into her blender, added some yogurt and juice, and carefully held the lid to her blender down as she turned it on.

When she took a drink of her concoction, she had to admit to herself that it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. At least it was edible and she supposed that was good enough. Cooking she could do, baking she could handle on a good day, but no matter how many times she tried to make a smoothie it was never the best. It wasn't her strong suit in the least, but she could say the one she just made ranked pretty high.

With her smoothie consumed, Jill checked her phone to check the weather. Realizing it was going to be another hot day, she decided to get ready and get out before the heat kicked in. She didn't want to bake herself in the sun, or even worse, faint.

Jill trudged back upstairs and tossed on her running clothes. She opted her for favorite pink running tank top, but hesitated with her leggings. She had an idea of what she wanted to do, but wasn't sure if she dared to do it. She debated for a moment. Jill kind of needed to pee, but she could also pee herself during her run. However, if she did that, she definitely needed her black leggings to hide the evidence.

Ah, what the hell, Jill decided as the courage of her thoughts catapulted her next movements. She couldn't manage to do things the way she wanted the day before, but today would be much different. With her choice made, Jill pulled on her black leggings and wormed her way into her running shoes. She then decided to fill her water bottle before heading out the door.

The first thing she noticed was that it was warm. Not too warm, just yet, but enough that she needed the shade. She was starting to huff and puff as she pushed herself uphill towards her favorite park.