What The Lioness Loves

Lamy pov: I was startled by Shishiron suddenly grabbing me and running away for seemingly no reason. The look of defeat was on her face, as if she had given up on something. She only stopped running when she heard Watame-senpai and Towa-senpai calling out to her.

"Lamy-chan, tell Choco-sensei I'm going to be late, okay." Shishiron said with a smile, which calmed me down a bit.

I watched as she walked over to her friends. She seemed normal. She was laughing and having a good time, so I paid no mind and went to class as she said

I barely made it as the bell chimed. I could tell she was frustrated at me for almost being late. I went over to Choco-sensei, telling her Shishiron was going to be a bit late, which she accepted immediately.

I looked over to see Nene was fast asleep and Polka was staring into space.

I sat next to Nenechi and Omarun. The seat in front of me looked so empty without Shishiron. I felt someone tap me on the back, so I looked up to see Aloe with a cheerful smile.

"Where is Shishiron?" Aloe asked. I just ignored that she used her nickname and shrugged, telling her that she said she'd be late.

"Shishiron is so strong, right Lamy?" Aloe said I agreed with that.

"And she is super cute and cool too," I said. I could feel myself beginning to blush the more I thought about her before feeling the cold gaze of Omarun.

"I don't think Botan is as good as you say she is." Omarun scowled.

Nene was awoken by Omarun's voice, letting out a yawn before speaking, "S-she saved us though." Nenechi said grogily.

"Yeah but—" Polka stopped what she was going to say, scoffing. I saw she was gritting her teeth. She was clearly mad.

"Omarun, do you want me to introduce you to Shishiron? She'll like you," I asked. Polka looked at me, her face full of disappointment.

"It's always about Botan...?" Polka muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" I asked, trying to get her to say it again because I didn't hear what she had said the first time.

"What is so great about Shishiro Botan?" Omarun asked loudly.

I was about to answer, but I couldn't due to Choco-sensei's talking "It has been around ten minutes. Botan-sama usually isn't this late," she said, not wanting to start the lesson until she was there.

I raised my hand, "I can go find her. I'm sure she would be happy if I searched for her." I said Choco-sensei nodded, giving me the okay to go.

Polka slammed into her desk, cracking it slightly. "Send me with her please!" She shouted, breathing heavily.

"We don't really need more than one person on this." Choco-sensei said those words didn't go over well with Omarun. She growled at her, clearly showing how unhappy with that she was.

"Fine, both of you go." Choco-sensei said she clearly didn't want to argue with Polka
about this.

I stood up and started walking out of the room. Polka had turned into a fennec and was walking slowly behind me.

"I feel like Shishiron will be in the gym again. Maybe she's training." I said she seemed to get demotivated by the power of Sora-senpai

Polka didn't say anything, she just continued to walk behind me. I was kind of annoyed by her sudden attitude, but I didn't want to bring it up.

"Lamy, so what do you like about Botan?" Omarun asked after we walked in silence for about two minutes.

"I just like how strong she is." I told her