Chapter II

Prerna Rishabh Bajaj

ווו×

Nandini walked down to their private dining room. She hadn't eaten anything hardly for the past few days except a glass of water. It must have been reasonable for her to be hungry for food. She rubbed off her petite tummy which was somersaulting, screaming for food.

"Your grace!" Nandini noticed the same woman whom she encountered in her chamber a while ago. Nandini gave her a curt nod stoically. She held her head high, mirroring her mother's gesture, and walked forward gracefully. The sound of her anklets made a beautiful sound. She wore this kind of attire and jewelry for the first time. In her kingdom, she used to wear skirts and tops with minimal jewels. Her mother chose this dress for her. She felt loved by her mere gesture.

A loud growl escaped from her stomach when her eyes met with the food on the large mahogany table. The sweet aroma of freshly baked bread and other foods on the table gave a visual feast.

"Someone is eager to devour the food, eh?" Vyom asked Nandini. A ray of confusion spread on her face seeing Vyom beside her. She rushed from them so that they could have some private moments to discuss important things as usual.

"It looks like you guys finished your talk quickly, I guess," Nandini asked, evading the question of Vyom. He is right but she would not accept it in front of his face.

"Typical Nandu!" Vyom added. He peeked at Nandini who was looking at food longingly.

Rishabh came into the dining area with Prerna. They've listened to the talks of Nandini and Vyom and adored looking at their strong bond. Vyom was there with her all the time of her life.

"Shall we go before your daughter begin the feast without us?" Prerna stated jokingly. Rishabh nodded in approval as he knew his daughter would be capable of doing that.

"We can not let her wait any longer, my Queen!" The couple marched to the dining room where Nandini and Vyom were settling on the chair adjacent to each other. 

Rishabh was seated in the head chair followed by Prerna on his left. As soon as Rishabh signaled, the dinner began.

Drishti stared at the streets of her kingdom from the open balcony of her private palace

Drishti stared at the streets of her kingdom from the open balcony of her private palace. She strictly ordered the guards not to allow any visitors till she said. Her mind has been wandering around with many thoughts regarding the war and its aftermath. She keeps hearing many things from the ministers lately. Somehow most of the news was not pleasing to hear. Ms. Maya left the job as she mentioned that she was not worthy. She would have done the same thing if her loved ones' life were in danger. The man who threatened Ms. Maya would be capable of taking lives. Drishti sighed as the image of Rakshith came before her eyes. She brushed her wrapped wrist unknowingly as her mind took her back to the deceased teacher's cabin. 

Being a puppet in the hands of your arch-enemy was not a good thing. Rakshith fell into the trap because of his gifted abilities. Same as her. If only she didn't expose her foresight, Nandini would have been alive. Guilt was eating her alive every time she remembered her stupidity. 

"The prince of the sorcerer world is here to meet you, your highness!" A maid announced. 

"Ask him to leave!" Drishti stated, not in the mindset to entertain anyone. 

The maid was about to leave the princess alone due to Drishti's temper. However, Rakshith entered the chamber with guards following him. "You are not allowed in here," the maid stated with fear, knowing that today was her doom. 

"Where is Drishti?" Rakshith questioned. His eyes wandered around the living room of the chamber. 

Hearing the commotion, Drishti rushed to them. "What's going on here?" She glared at Rakshith. 

"We need to talk!" Rakshith took a step forward. 

Noticing the longing in his tone, Drishti asked the guards and maid to leave. Without waiting for a second, Rakshith embraced the princess. 

Drishti was stunned to respond as she did not expect this could happen. "I thought I lost you!" he whispered near her ear, holding her tight. She could not believe her ears. Then, he cupped her cheeks, looking directly into her eyes. "How are you feeling?" 

No words came out of her mouth, seeing him behave out of his character. She chose to nod her head. Her eyes searched for the reason for his unusual behavior. Did he hit his head somewhere? Was it because of him? Many questions arise in her head. She flinched when he held her wrist. To her surprise, he placed a kiss on it. "I am sorry for the pain I've caused!" 

"Are you all right? Do you have any pain in the head?" the question escaped from her lips unknowingly. 

Smiling at her, he shook her head. "You are adorable when you are confused, princess!" he said. 

"Okay, that's enough. We are calling the medic now!" Drishti removed herself from his hold and almost ran out of the chamber to call for help. Before she reached the door, she was in his arms again. She was not used to this kind of affection, exceptionally with him. So their closeness affected her. 

"Where are you going, Drishti?" he asked, turning her to look at her. 

"What happened to you, Rakshith?" she asked, trying to maintain a safe distance. Catching her uneasiness, he loosened his hold. 

"You are mine, Drishti!" Rakshith declared as his eyes gleamed with unknown darkness.