Chapter 1

Today was the day. Today I would finally be able to bring my beautiful boyfriend home to California.

Mitch had been in the hospital for a month with burn injuries and breathing problems because of smoke inhalation, but now he was fully recovered and I was driving him too our shared apartment.

"Stropwaffle? Do you think I'll be able to sing like I did last time?" Mitch asked from the passengers seat. I contemplated the problem and took a deep breath in.

"Milky Way, you know what the doctor said. You have to be gentle for a few weeks. You go hitting high notes after not singing for almost a month. You might ruin your vocal cords for good." I said turning into the parking lot of our apartment complex. We had already moved all of our belongs into the room with help from Avi and Kirstie who where living twenty minutes away from us.

I got out of the car and walked around to Mitch's side opening up his door and helping him out. I held his hand as we walked up the steps to our new place. I grabbed the key out of my pocket and slipped it into the hole turning the knob and opening up the door to the next chapter in our life.

Mitch was in love with the place and he was very happy that we would be sharing a bedroom. We were currently cuddling on the couch when Mitch's phone started to ring. He got up and walked onto the balcony shutting the door behind him.

I kept watching tv until the show ended and noticed that Mitch hadn't come back. I walked outside and heard him crying. I walked over and sat down next to him pulling him into my chest. I pushed his hair back and wiped away the tears.

"Mitch, what happened?" I asked as I pulled him away so he could look at me.

"K- Kirstie, sh-she was at- attacked. I- it was my parents."