Sudou's Trial - Horrible Human Being

Start from the beginning

Class C seemed to understand Katsuragi's explanation. Still, that didn't mean they didn't have questions for me.

"So you know what they are going to show, Ayanokouji-kun?" Onodera asked.

"I think I can guess some things, but it's impossible to know for sure," I responded.

"It looks like we're gonna be seeing a lot of Ayanokouji then," Okitani sighed.

"But isn't that weird?" Kei frowned, "I get that Ayanokouji-kun is close to our class leaders or whatever, but what about the other classes?"

Her point was that there was no way I could know the details of other classes situations.

"Also, if we really are gonna be seeing what went on, like, behind-the-scenes, then shouldn't the focus be on the class leaders and not somebody following them?"

"I understand what you're saying," Katsuragi nodded, "However, there's no guarantee that any of the class leaders have more knowledge than Ayanokouji,"

Katsuragi's words stunned the second-year students.

"T-that's impossible, right?" Nishino couldn't believe his words so easily.

"I have to agree with her," Kobashi joined her, "I don't know about the other class leaders but I can't believe that Ayanokouji-kun knows more than Honami. Right, guys?"

She turned to the members of Class 2-B who all readily agreed with her. Well, all except for one.

"We can't tell for sure," Kanzaki shook his head.

"You really think so, Kanzaki-kun?" Amikura asked.

"I don't know," He glanced in my direction and once again shook his head, "I think our best option is to just continue watching. There's only so much we can derive from what we've watched so far,"

"That seems to be our only option," Horikita sighed, "It's not like figuring this out will free us from this,"

This takes place at the same time as Ayanokouji and Ichinose are saving Sakura.

Sudou-kun and I arrived at the student council room 10 minutes before deliberation began. Tachibana-san was the only other person there. I saw no sign of other students or my older brother.

"Oh jeez, I'm so nervous. How about you, Horikita?" Sudou asked.

"I feel the same as ever."

"You were that confident in your little trick?" Ryuuen asked with a smirk.

"I had every right to be confident in light of the results," Horikita brushed him off.

This case would be settled today. I knew that it was not going to be easy, especially for me. I'd declared that Sudou was completely innocent, after all. If my strategy failed, it would be for nothing. I thought that there was some value in sticking it out, so I'd come up with this plan during this extension period.

If this strategy failed, though, it would likely devolve into a verbal battle where we hurled abuse at each other. In the end, the result would certainly be worse than the compromise that had been proposed at the previous hearing. Sudou-kun would hate me then. Well, he'd be barking up the wrong tree. Still, I would have to acknowledge his complaints, because the appeal to the council was my responsibility.

"You really thought I'd hate you?" Sudou looked taken aback.

"Obviously. What other conclusion could I come to when you acted the way you did?" Horikita demanded.