41 - Spectra's Forbidden Knowledge

Start from the beginning

"Hmm?" Taurus looks over my shoulder curiously at my muttered observation.

"During the Seventh, Queen Serena died and the new Queens took the throne," I clarify in a disinterested tone as I keep scrolling down through meaningless Celestial politics. Celestials partially rule the harpy kingdom, but mostly occupy the immense kingdom of Iovalion. It's truly a superpowered kingdom, nevermind that Ethereals get more tiny kingdoms than Celestials. "Faemley Palace was placed under strict supervision, though I'd never have thought by how we entered."

Scorpio raises an eyebrow, a skill that both Darktales have mastered. I haven't. I'd prefer not to embarrass myself trying, either. "Suspicious," he mentions

"What," I snort sarcastically, "You think Queens Lorelai and Lorelia are ..." I try to remember the titles of the leaders. It seems so long ago. "Paranoia and ... Paradise?"

Sagittaria settles her chin on my shoulder, her skin warm against mine as she mumbles, reading my screen, "There's also something else."

"Yeah. The library where Vienna had a breakdown received a threat. I don't know what kind of threat. They're believed to have come from these two employees. Sisters. They're still employed."

"Odd," Taurus says, looking over Sagittaria's head. "You think they're the leaders of the Corrupted?"

"See, that's my point!" I exclaim. "It could be anyone, and you think it's a queen? That's the single person that would be stupid to lead the Corrupted! They're sirens. It could literally be the librarians. It could actually, literally be them. I'm not even kidding."

"Their mother had a lot of affairs. Never married," points out Pisces. "Maybe they could be half Corrupted."

Carina snickers, "Bet no one knows about that. I wonder how powerful half Corrupted could possibly be."

Sagittaria's breath tickles my ear as she muses, "Well, we're really out on a limb here. I highly suggest that we do not suspect the Queens. It's probably coincidence. Honestly, I didn't really like the librarians from Leilani's description. Araceli was so fishy. She's a purple demon, too."

I flinch slightly at the slight tickle. Sagittaria and I got along, weren't necessarily friends, but we were acquaintances, before she straight up asked if we could start a fake relationship. I accepted because she was cool and nice, but also because I liked her. Of course, it turned into close friendship, and I slowly started to think of her as just a friend, not the crazy girl I had a little crush on.

I prefer not to think of those times. Even though it was just over a month ago. We'd lived in the same neighborhood before moving to Lonely Star. Sagittaria was delighted when I told her my parents were shipping my delinquent, redheaded self off. 

"How do we get to the island?" inquires Pisces.

"We can fly, though I have no idea how that'd go. Or we can teleport."

"I do not think I can teleport us through water!" Pisces shakes his head, glaring at a hopeful Taurus. "There's probably a forcefield or something. That isn't a good idea."

"I have an idea," Carina volunteers. "Who has Miasma's number?"

"Miasma is probably not in possession of her phone," argues Taurus.

"I'm aware of that. Anyone?" Carina insists.

Scorpio glances down at his phone and scrolls through the contacts. "I do," is his short response, accompanied by a small yawn.

"Oh?" Carina smirks widely. "Didn't know you liked her like that. Oh wait, it's not Miasma, you're still not over A—"

"Shut up, now call her." Scorpio snatches Carina's phone and dials the number into it before handing the phone back, shooting his little sister a halfhearted glare. He seems too tired to do much. An irritated Carina probably assumed he'd hand his phone over or something. No, none of us want our little siblings to look through our phones. Understandable.