19 - We're Somewhere

Leilani

Leilani

Everyone's accounted for?" Caprice calls out officiously as soon as Ari melted down her door. Ari grimaces, showing that he does not appreciate Caprice's sneaky way of taking the throne.

"Let's make a head count," Leo mimics Caprice, making sure to be shrill. I shake my head, "You've got a death wish, you know that, Leo?"

Sagittaria rolls her eyes, but there's grudging admiration in her tone, "When doesn't he have a death wish?"

Caprice takes some time to royally death glare Leo, steel in her emerald gaze, before pointing at the hole in the cell. "One by one," she orders and points at Ari, "Fire hazard, you first. Don't try any tricks."

Ari raises his eyebrows in an amused manner, "Calling me a fire hazard now, hmm, Soulless One? Don't forget you don't have the best judgment here."

Sagittaria visibly flinches. Every mention of the Deadpool Code lands like a bundle of dynamite on both younger Deadpool sisters.

Ari slides down and lands with a thump on the floor, followed by Sagittaria, who looks eager to escape the place where the Deadpool Code was mentioned. Aquaria actually dives out of the hole headfirst, twisting snakelike to land on her feet at the bottom. Pisces follows out of responsibility to her, well, I would've said that if I hadn't seen Carina shove him down.

I give Gemi a gentle nudge, "Scared of heights?"

Gemi pouts and looks up at me pleadingly. In a swift movement, I snatch his wrist and jump. He squeals a bit as we both land hard on the floor, he sprawls out on the floor, nearly yanking me with him.

It's an empty room, a pair of double doors lead into what's hopefully the Xanthian sunshine. The doors are probably steel and windowless. The walls are pristine white. And a smaller door is set into the wall. A small square window is in the exact middle of it, which is strange. There also isn't a doorknob. The floors are white tile, but something brown is smeared on it. The argument quickly continues

"What about Miasma?"

"She's older," speculates Taurus, "I bet she's in a different unit."

"We go get her," decides always–loyal Gemi. Carina flicks her fingers absently, as if swatting away a fly.

"Think about it, a powerful Ethereal is always good to have?" Ari suggests.

"We have Pisces," Carina says with a snort and Pisces looks very pleased. "And remember, I'm not an innocent bean."

"You have us," Caprice says in an affronted voice and Sagittaria drawls, "We can't exactly do much yet."

"You can't," Aquaria scoffs, "Holy Shipper."

"Can we just find Miasma now?" says Nia impatiently, "where's she going to be?"

Gemi tilts his head up, "We're not all going to get her, some of us should stay behind. If anyone comes in, we should be able to —"