20 - Harpy's Roost

Taurus

Taurus

Please do us a favor and shut up?" requests Leilani, gritting her teeth. I'm very thankful for that, because Caprice is actually trying to drag me into an argument she's having with Sagittaria. Their chins are tilted up, Sagittaria has propped her hands on her hips, and Caprice is one second away from jabbing a finger in Sagittaria's face to prove her point. While berating Sagittaria and trying to cajole me into the argument in the same breath.

Nope. You're sisters, you fight each other. I don't get involved. I may be biased towards Caprice, but that does not mean I will have to face Sagittaria's formidable wrath as the Holy Shipper and bane of our existences. 

"I agree," Gemi joins in and Ari wordlessly raises a hand with an eager nod.

Carina's fighting with Scorpio, which is a rare occurrence, as the two Darktales usually get along well. Carina's eyes are narrowed dangerously to cyan slits as she presses her forefinger to Scorpio's chest, hissing from between her gritted teeth. I consider how much guts Scorpio must have, not turning tail and running as fast as he can away from his little sister. That's grounds for respect.

Vienna glares at Leilani before stating, "We should go to a library."

"Oh yeah, Miss Know–It–All, I thought you knew everything?" Leo looks as if he's questioning her sanity. Which we all know is very questionable.

"Oh, shut up," Vienna snaps irritably, lacing her fingers together and clasping her hands at her stomach, "They might have computers there. We've been out of touch with the world for ... four days? I think the best way to find out more about the Corrupted is by using technology."

I second her, "Agreed. And shut your face, Leo." It's not my fault. I do hate him. And Vienna is one of the people I can tentatively call a friend. Our friendship may be based on our shared hatred of Leo, but ... well.

"Shut your face." Sagittaria spits, glaring at me and jumping to the defense of Leo, as usual. I glare back, not backing down to a mere fifteen-year-old pyromaniac with bloodred hair. Actually, on further consideration, backing down might have been wise.

"Shut your –" I counter, halfway done before Caprice snaps authoritatively, "Shut up, you idiots!"

Ari takes the stage as quickly as he can, before Caprice can open her mouth again. "We should find a newspaper stand too. So, we can find that both in a city, and where are we?" He turns to Vienna, who crosses her arms and snorts.

"I may be the only one who's paid attention to our lessons, but I did not learn every inch of each world. I assume we're somewhere in the harpy kingdom. Craineian." She shrugs elegantly and it strikes me that she's become kind of sassy in this span of time.

Leilani looks almost admiringly at her sister.

"And if you expect I know where the nearest city is —" she snorts and rolls her eyes.