I spot Kelly through the smoke as he struggles with a prick from the saviors. Kelly is quickly losing the battle as his groans under the pain from the scuffle. My heart sinks at the sight as the red blood begins to pool at his side. The asshole's back is turned to me as I silently stalk behind him, sticking my sword through his skull. With Daryl taking out the last savior in that same moment, the sound of our breathing is the only thing that bounces off the walls.

Kelly's eyes find the body at his feet, "thanks Ness. He fucking stabbed me. Twice." He clutches his side, face twisting in pain.

"You aren't dying on me today, Kells. I still need you." I drag him into my arms. I breathe out a heavy relief. My hands find his side, inspecting the best I can with the smoke billowing around us. "You aren't out of the woods, yet." Fuck, I have none of my medical supplies on me. "You're going straight to Alexandria, got it?" I run a hand through my hair, "Rick! Daryl! Kelly is down!" I watch as the color drains from his face. I grunt, trying to catch my friend as he falls. "No. No. No! Please stay with me! Someone fucking help, please!" I plead with the universe, feeling the sob build in my throat. Strong arms grab him from me. I look up, seeing Daryl taking him into his arms. I whimper, watching him get jostled around. "Be careful, please. I'm taking him home."

Aaron's voice begins to fill the air, "teams of four, sweep the offices!"

Rick pats my shoulder, face somber as he glances around. "Aaron?!" He shouts.

"Rick!"

"We're by the elevator! Kelly's down. We need to get him out!"

The second my feet meet the ground in the courtyard, I break out into a run, jumping into the driver's seat of the nearest car, watching Daryl set Kelly in the passenger seat

The second my feet meet the ground in the courtyard, I break out into a run, jumping into the driver's seat of the nearest car, watching Daryl set Kelly in the passenger seat. Kelly groans, cracking his eyes open. I toss my swords in the backseat. I drag off my vest, ripping off the bottom of my shirt while Daryl lifts my friend's shirt. I swear, finally getting a view of his wound. He's losing blood fast. My hand finds the injury, trying to get an idea of how deep it is.

"Blue..." Daryl's somber voice cuts my soul in half.

"Just shut up. Please. I don't want to hear it." I shake my head, fighting off the tears. I wrap Kelly's wound with my shirt. "Kells, can you put pressure on this?" I observe as he moves his hand, pushing down as much as he can. "I'm going to get you home." I turn the engine on, speeding out of the yard, heading towards Alexandria without another word. My hand seeks out his while I don't take my eyes off of the open road. "Stay with me, please."

After a few minutes of silence, his coughing fills the car. "Vanessa, I never stopped loving you," he speaks weakly. "I didn't want to let you go, but Daryl is good for you. I knew that when I first seen you with him, even if you were screaming at that poor man." He chuckles at the memory, "I never was the one for you. No matter how badly I wanted to be. I was coming to meet you at the airport, but I planned to propose..."