Chapter 22: Aliances

Start from the beginning

Her room is about the height of a two story house, with a square base the size of a regular bedroom and rising 25 meters up. Her hammock hung 5 meters below the ceiling, as did her other self-made, hanging furniture. Other things, such as her skull collection and the like hung anywhere from 7-10 meters above the messy floor. Below that, hang the corpses. Her trophies.

Currently, she was playing cat's cradle while checking the assassination website for jobs, feet dangling down the side of her hammock, when the door opened with a smash.

"That's the 10th door you broke this month."

Shinigami and Radioactive?

Red unwound the tangled strings and kicked on her boots, which were supported by what looked like a child's swing at a playground, except with more space. Then she slid down, sitting on it. 

Snip.

She fell for half a second before the strings reconnected, swaying lightly, her shoes an inch from the ground.

Shinigami stood there, dressed simply, her eye bags sporting a dramatic return, and Radioactive at her side, wearing a black leather jacket and leggings.

"Hey. You're now partnered with her. She'll give you all the files and stuff." Shinigami said, jabbing a finger in Radioactive's direction. "Your goal is to kill AFO."

"Got it." Red said quickly as Radioactive grumbled something along the lines of 'why the bloodthirsty freak though?'

"Alright. Get along with each other, it's time for that nap." She yawned before leaving.

The door slammed shut, leaving Red alone in a room with an highly inflammable object; Radioactive.

"So, got a plan?" Red tapped her foot, though small, wet splashes were the only sound made.

"Duh." She frowned, taking out her phone. "You'll need a new quirk."

"But first, there's someone you need to kill."

Midoriya POV (The present)

"Ugh. I don't have time for this sh-" Radioactive cut herself off. "Useless."

"Calm down." Hex said briskly. "It's only for until phase one starts. And no swearing, your explosive highness." He added with a teaspoon of sarcasm.

"I wasn't f- fricking swearing." She seethed. "But why me?"

"Your brilliant, and shall I say, rapid-fire, training of you-know-who got you in this thing." Hex said, dropping a pun that Midoriya did not get.

"How long until 'phase one' starts?" Midoriya asked. He was being flanked by the two older people, towards the direction of the training room. He wished he had his notebook, because at every turn there was something new, ranging anywhere from casual spaces that looked like living rooms to enclosures with red dirt and green grass with weird mutant frogs.

"And when can I leave?" He added.

"When phase one begins." Hex said, ignoring the first question like he expected.

They rounded another corner and he gasped.

Because in front of him was a black, metal mesh bridge arching over a sci-fi mushroom forest. 

The bridge arched over about 20ft, it's other end on top of a white mushroom with blue blobs that looked like sap. Some drops appeared to be slipping off the edge of the top, a few thin bits of them stretching down towards the mist covered floor at least 5 stories below them. 

One of the blue droplets had landed in what looked like a orange bowl, but giant. Water had collected into the bowl, the blue sap dyeing it into a pretty shade of matcha green. A chemical change. A ring of other fungi surrounded it, living off the giant mushroom. 

Tons of fungi and mushrooms, some living on others, some hanging types, some that looked like they were planted to serve as stairs, some average sized mushrooms, just speckles in his vision, growing in a aesthetically pleasing harmony.

The large room was dimly lit, mostly from the glowing fungi on the walls and the other from the floodlights- no, some tall, rather intimating mushrooms standing in the corners, radiating light comparable to one of a floodlight. Two of the four were glowing, and the second one's light was starting to fade.

He must've been mumbling, because suddenly an elbow slammed into the side of his head.

"We've got places to be. You can gawk later." Radioactive said. "Someone can give you a tour."

"You can go down there?!"

"We are underground. You can't exactly get rid of shit easily, of course, other than burying it, but we're still expanding." She explained, barely keeping the swearwords out. "Plus, that's nasty."

He suddenly sniffed the air, confused when the clean scent of forest rain and not shit entered his nose.

"Um-"

"We may be villains, but we're sanitary. No, the floor is not shit." Radioactive said, irritated. "There is a complex system that I am not going to explain due to it being exactly the type of info that sells for billions."

"But don't fungi emit carbon dioxide?"

Hex replied, "Genetic manipulation, kid."

They crossed the bridge, walking onto the giant white mushroom. Just as Midoriya stepped on it, Hex jumped, landing hard on the mushroom and causing it to shake, startling him and making him lose balance. He fell on his butt.

A second later, the mushroom rose up in the air. Some blue sap slid off the edges as the fungi made itself level with another bridge.

He tried to stand up, only to realize he had fallen on a blob of the sap.

"Your balance is terrible." Radioactive commented. "It's not sticky. More like water slime. Before you ask, no you can't eat it." She said, referring to the blob.

Next, they crossed the bridge, turning left at a fork, and stepped on some hanging, upside down mushrooms with thin, pale purple tops. Hex instructed him to kick the stem. Then he was swung upwards in an arc, lost his hold on the stem, and fell face first onto another mushroom.

One that acted like a trampoline.

He felt himself being ejected into the air faster than his brain could catch up. He flipped though the air for a few seconds, sailing over vibrant blurs of color.

And then it froze.

A glowing, red ring of light surrounded him. It has an diameter of about a meter.

"Oh for Pete's sake." Hex grumbled from a taller mushroom about three meters below him, arm extended, that same red ring surrounding his wrist.

Radioactive sighed. "Look's like the first training session is going to be here, problem child."

Meme: