05

"So?"

"So what?"

Kyle's response had brought him back to life. Returned him from his totally normal trail of thought.

Craig glared, again, "Your social clue for leaving is long overdue. So I'm gonna cut to the chase and say I'm bored of
chit-chatting with you two. Leave, will you?"

"How polite!" Kyle rolled his eyes and fake smiled in response to Craig's invitation to leave, "I'm heading home, C'mon Stan."

"Alright. See ya!" Stan waved goodbye at them before following Kyle from behind,
"Want me to walk you home, Kyle?"

"Uhm," Kyle politely smiled before opening his phone to check his notifications, "No thanks, I'm fine."

"Okay."

That shouldn't have upset Stan, but it did. He usually did walk him home, so him not accepting the offer this time sucked.

"Ah, Ike says mom's made dinner. Yeah I gotta go now." Kyle smiled at him again, politely again. If he was gonna smile at him, he should of done it for real. Not because he felt obliged to, "See ya, man.'

And like that Kyle walked away. Stan figured he was gonna go to his mom's house, since dad's was way too far away from him to pursue by foot, anyway.

As soon as he entered, he was greeted by his older sister,
"Hey turd."

"Hey Shelly, where's mom?"

"She's out with some friends I dunno, we're getting take-out for dinner tonight."

"Oh. Okay." Stan turned after finishing their obligated small talk to go to the stairs, but before he did, he heard Shelly's voice again,

"Turd, don't think I don't have a phone," She grinned, showcasing her braces, "What's this about gay drawings with you and your best friend?"

Stan groaned in response,
"Shellyyy.." He finally could complain about this, even if it was to his annoying big sister.

"It's so annoying everyone thinks we're gay now but it's only 'cause some girls made these drawings of meeee..!"

Even though Shelly was only laughing at him and the situation he ended up in, it was so calming to have someone to listen. They ordered Burger King and had some show with way too many seasons on the TV, but weren't paying attention to it. Shelly was listening to Stan's rambling and whining, often adding a sly remark here and there.

"But wait.. don't you have a crush on Kyle?"

"Pfft.. No I don't.."

"Yeah. You do. You look at him like.. like I dunno.. like he's the best.."

"Well, that's because he is the best!"

"See what I mean? He's not the best, he's just a guy you're pining over but won't admit your feelings to."

"..Fine.. But don't tell him that!"

"I won't! Like I give enough shits to tell him.."