You swallowed a drying lump in your throat, painting a smile, "Nothing, I just want to hang out with you. Everything's kind of crazy."

He returned a warm grin, making you forget what Annie told you just now. Whatever she had told you, you prayed it wasn't true. Not with how much you liked the kid.

You spotted Historia, Mikasa, and Ymir now all lax at the edge of the pool. They were deep in conversation with a dark-haired girl with icy blue eyes.

Historia noticed you and Jean, "Hey, guys. Come here." When you reached them, she pointed towards the older girl and said, "This is my older sister, Frieda."

"Hi," you greeted. "I'm Y/n."

"Hi," she flashed a charming grin. "Are you the one from Stohess?"

Historia was nodding but you vocalized her response, "Yup, that's me."

"Ahh," Frieda had her elbows propped up on the bricks lining edge of the pool. "Historia talks a lot about you."

"I hope that it's good things you've heard," you chuckled.

Frieda nonchalantly waved her hand, "Oh, don't you worry. The way my sister described you, I was waiting for a glowing girl with white wings and a halo to drop from the sky."

You all laughed, becoming engrossed in conversation as you kept a close watch on Jean and Mikasa. Maybe Annie was wrong, and maybe you were overthinking things. Jean and Mikasa weren't acting like anything further than friends.

As Frieda was going into depth on her traveling stories, you came to learn a lot about her. She owned several restaurants across Paradis—well the Reiss family did. She just did a lot of the managing aspect since Rodd Reiss was busy with the family company, which happened to be running a five-star hotel chain. Now you knew how they were as rich as they were.

"That's so great!" you reacted to her showing her engagement ring. "It's stunning. Congratulations. When is the wedding? Did you set a date yet?"

"No," she let you hold her hand as you examined her ring. "We haven't picked a date but we want it during spring or early summer. Leo and I were thinking in June, we wanted to do in in Mitras. It would be the perfect weather at that time. We wanted to do it at one of our resorts, the beachside one."

You let go of her hand, eyes still on the massive stone, "That sounds awesome. Is it going to be small?"

"Oh god no," she shook her head. "As much as I'd love something intimate, I know my mom would murder me if I didn't go all out. Once we plan the date though, you all better be coming. We'll reserve rooms for you guys."

Flattered to being invited to such an upscale wedding, you thanked her. Although, you were still intimidated at the fact she was a powerful businesswoman, and her fiancée was one of her father's business partners.

"Hi, Mikasa, hi, Historia!" a blonde girl waved not too far from you guys.

"Hi, Louise!" Historia waved back kindly.

She was in the pool, swimming towards you guys. You whispered to Historia, "Who's that?"

"This girl who's been following us around since the start of high school," Historia whispered back. "She's nice but a little too much sometimes. We get most of the gossip from her though."

"Ah, right," you murmured back.

Louise was now in earshot and had a wide smile, "Cool party."

"Thanks," Historia returned the same warmth. "Oh, this is our friend Y/n, by the way."