Chapter 3 18 Years Later

*Time has passed and with it came life and death the Alpha I grew up knowing died and brother was now old he too will go soon. Mother had died many winters ago and sister was shot by somebody. So here I was now laying next to brother listening to his labored breath as he slowly passed. Through those years I had come to understand the ancient language of the wolves I now knew what they were saying. I no longer know the language of man. I abandoned that many,many winters back.*

"Sister you have always been by my side and the packs. You might not have grown up the same time we did,but now I know what father meant by when he passed his successor and his successor would lead the pack for many winter and then some for what seems a endless time. Father meant you Minus sora fure.(Fure less sister)"

"Brother."

"I already know I don't have much time so I have decided to give the pack to you. You will live fare longer than any pack member ever will. Besides if it wasn't for you I would have died all those winters ago when I was just a pup and so were you."

*I nodded in acknowledgment to what my brother was saying.*

"Its very bright out. The sunset is beautiful,I wish you could see it...."

"I can imagine it in its beauty."

"*sigh* yes..you ..can."

*I listened as brother took his last breath and I let out a mournful howl. The pack followed in the passing of there Alpha. My howl wasn't nearly as thick and vibrant as there's was it was more silky and higher in tone and pitch. The pack came and mourned over our old Alpha for that day, but we went back to our normal routine the next day. *

"Alpha, Carabu have been spotted down by the creek. Please come lead the hunt."

"Thank you Beta."

*I let out a hunting howl and my pack answer back and we started our hunt. I had divided my pack up according to strengths and weaknesses. I had set a ambush to push the Carabu into a corner.We closed fast on our prey and I was met with antlers in my face from the bull elk. I let out a low growl and leaped for his throat I felt hoofs open up my stomach, but I held fast bringing the elk down and my pack joined in for the kill. I moved away from the kill always letting the pack eat before me even as Alpha. I moved to the side feeling the huge gash in my stomach which could lead to death if not taken care of properly. I laid down in the snow and tried freezing the blood around my wound as well as cleaning it.*

"Alpha are you ok?"

*I looked down at the young hunter wolf and gave softened eyes towards her.*

"Yes just a bit bloody from the elk."

"Please come eat with us."

"I will wait for everybody else to eat first."

"As you wish Alpha."

*Once my pack was done I ate what was left which wasn't much, but I didn't need too much. I walked back to the pups with more food so they could get the extra meat that there moms couldn't carry. I dropped it down in front of the smaller pups. The runts and fed them so they could have a chance at survival.*

"Thank you Alpha!"

"Your welcome, eat."

*I went back into the den and laid down tending to my wound. It had stopped bleeding and I knew there would be a decent scar there as well as many more to come.*

~2 winter later(2 years)~

*Currently I was letting my Beta lead the pack while I went ahead through the tretoruse man's land. We had to pass this way to get to spring grounds as well as the hunting grounds. The snow was melting, but still fairly thick, spring and summer were the worst time for me. Despite being too many winters to count, my feet never fully healed. The nerves in my feet were extremely sensitive. The snow numbed my feet so I didn't feel it during that time. I sniffed the air for danger and didn't smell anything. I stalked forward carefully, but felt something snap shut around my foot sending immense pain around my ankle. I let out a yelp and warning to my pack.*

"Take a different path traps have been set! I..I have been caught in one of there traps.Leave me. I leave you in charge Beta."

*They howled a mournful howl in losing a Alpha the way they did, but obeyed my final wishes.*

"Go peacefully Minus sorra fure.(Fur less sister)"

*I heard crunching nearby and I let out a growl. When the man spoke I felt calm, but very wary. His words were long lost to me, but somehow what he said made sense, but never registered in my brain.*

"Mate!"

"Mate? I am nobody's mate I am Minus sorra fure! (Fur less sister)"