Chapter [16]

Chapter [16]
Only for you
^^^^^^^

"Sooo, you want me to help you find your family?"

Wither asked, confirming what Skeleton had asked him only moments before.
Skeleton nodded, crossing his arms and giving Wither a lopsided glance before looking away.

"Yep. Consider it a... deal. You help me find them, and I can pay you pack for it later."

Skeleton sighed, turning to leave the room to leave Wither to his own devices.
He was pulled back by Wither, though, in turn only to find him centimetres away.

"I'll help you. You have a deal. But... why is your face so red?"

"IT ISN'T! Shut it!"

Skeleton cut Wither off before he could say anything else, speeding out of the room in a sort of panic.

Wither just continued to stand there, thinking over what had just happened.

It didn't take him long to realise that he was, in fact, too close to Skeleton and that it caused him discomfort.

Noted.

Or... if not discomfort, something else? Wither wasn't entirely sure of that part, but it was probably for the best that he kept it in mind.

He did realise, though, that Skeleton has been spending more time with him, even if he was doing it discreetly.

Wither didn't mind, he found it fun, often, and even engaged Skeleton in longer conversation than he was able to at first.

Wither, who had been accustomed to his friends not doing that around him, often wondered what was wrong. Most of his friends could look him in the eyes (or, well, eye sockets) while talking (by most; Enderman can't due to the not being able to look at him directly).

If Skeleton had a condition?

Why wouldn't he tell him?

Well it was obvious that Skeleton didn't trust Wither as much as the others to him. Sure, they'd gotten closer, but he could look at most off them while talking to them (ahem, Enderman, ahem).
———

Zombie looked at his phone, scrolling through the messages that Skeleton had sent him, past and present.

Past:

Zombie:
Hey Skel, do u mind helping me on the math hw??

Skeleton:
Yah, that's fine

Zombie:
Okay thx.
Btw, do u want me to tell you about the others? Yk, just like general things to get to know them

Present:

Skeleton:
Wither likes green things, right?

Zombie:
Yea, y?

Skeleton:
Just wanted to get him smth
Hdhdjxjsgsbs
(Message deleted)
Just asking. Bye!

———

Zombie remembered very clearly what the message deleted was.

Cuz he's hot.

But he deleted it almost instantly, as if he never meant to type it.

However, this gave Zombie some new information of his and Wither's relationship.

At the start, he was wary of Wither, and that was respectable; Wither could be scary when he wanted.

But, with that, Zombie's view was confused about what Skeleton's actual thoughts on Wither were.

He'd brought them up once or twice, yet Skeleton almost always deflected the question and got Zombie caught up in new topics.

Huh.

"So if Skeleton likes Wither, there would be obvious points on it, right? Yet he acts indifferently towards him in class, and likewise. However, he could just be putting on a facade in front of the class. I haven't really seen them two personally, so I can't exactly say where they stand with each other... I mean, Skeleton would never say anything like that actually in front of him, right? Then there was that text... They could have a secret relationship, but there has been no proof of that other than the notes that I saw on Skeleton's desk, in Wither's handwriting. There was one with more writing than the others, but Skeleton covered that one up. Could it have been a love note? But surely not..."

"Dude, you okay? You're muttering to yourself again."

Zombie blinked. He didn't even know why he was fixated on the relationship of his two classmates.

Huh.

It wasn't his business anyway.

^^^^^^^
Xx